Hi Carol and Meg

knarf

Nice to hear from you again. I used much of your advice for my cruise out of NYC. Thank you again.

Now we are cruising from New Orleans to Boston in April. Never been to Boston so we are looking forward to "seeing the town."

What would you ladies suggest as for transportation from the cruise port to the Omni..with our luggage.. I am guesiing a cab..do they have shuttles ?

For you newcomers..these two ladies are a wealth of information AND they only charged me $123.98 for all the info that they

provided for me !!:D:p:eek:

Your friend from Northwest PA(30 inches of snow on the ground 2 weeks ago, now with this little 'thaw' that we are having --we are down to about 12 inches !!

Knarf(Frank backwards)

Welcome back, Frank! Glad you're coming to Boston. With luggage, cab is the easiest way to get to your hotel. Downtown Boston hotels do not offer a shuttle to the cruiseport or the airport. It looks like you will be there on a Sunday, which means a lot of things will shut down at 6 pm. Let me know what you are interested in doing. I have lots of public transit info for you.

Good morning to you, Carol.

Light rain here this morniing with a temp. about 32 degrees.

We will arrive in Boston about 8 AM on the 23rd (Friday) and fly out of Boston on the 24th at 4 PM.

So for that time period we are going to rush and see as much as we can--no food -no drink-no potty calls-just rush rush!!! :D Cathy(that would be my better half) better not even think about shopping !! We both have a interest in history, so will want to do some of the Freedom Trail-still researching..... JFK Library ? Constitution ? that Catholic church where my Uncle Guido Revere put a candle in the tower to warn that the Sons of Italy were coming ? :eek: I imagine I will have to give in and feed "her" some lobster or some kind of sea food. since we are so close to the SEA !

Some Boston Chowder for me. Open to some suggestion for a place for that..not fancy just good food. Open to suggestions as to what to see.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=986154&highlight=boston

These pages had lots of info to..some even by a lady called 138east !!!:p

Talk to you later..off to take some Christmas decorations down as the snow has melted and now I can find them !!

Frank

Sounds like a great 2 days. Your hotel will be right near the start of the Freedom Trail. The advice in the other thread still holds. For chowder everyone seems to love it at Legal Seafoods - I'm not a good judge because I was raised in NJ where the clam chowder is red. For good basic food, look at Durgin Park at Faneuil Hall - for seafood check out the No Name restaurant in South Boston. Tell Cathy that the shopping is not that terrific in Boston - if she pokes around the stores and kiosk's at Faneuil Hall, that should do it.

JFK library is out of the way in South Boston - better to spend the money on a cab or plan to take the "T" to be there when it opens at 9 am Sat.

Meg, you better check with Carol. I sent her the money --cash and definitely told her to make sure you got your half.

Thanks for the food info.

I'll let you know, if we decide to do JFK..if so. I'll ask you directions for the T.

Later,

Frank

OKAY OKAY ladies, stop your fighting, I'll send you both the money again !! What I have to do to keep friends !!:)

Something to think about...

Change is inevitable...except from vending machines

How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges ?

If you think nobody cares,,try missing a couple of payments

A day without sunshine is like night !!

Why do psychics have to ask you your name ?

Later,

Frank

Archived