Chair Hog Pole

rjg41

Are you satisfied with how RCCL handles people saving chairs in the pool area?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with how RCCL handles people saving chairs in the pool area?

• Very satisfied
    • Somewhat satisfied
    • Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied
    • Somewhat dissatisfied
    • Very satisfied
    • Answer based on use of Pool/Deck Patrol

No - I wasn't looking for a chair at 8 a.m. I am usually up about 7 a.m. and go to the Windjammer for breakfast and then take a walk around the deck. I see what superjerryw described: people busily reserving chairs for later - often MUCH later. I am so tempted to do it, because I know that later I will be stuck circling the deck looking for one and there is still a fairly good selection at 7:30. However, I find the behavior despicable, so I can't very well do it myself. I must also admit that after finding all these chairs taken by 10 a.m. I made a point of going out earlier each day until I found out just how early this happens. I am sure, as jerry said, many if not most of these people go back to bed after staking their claims. It is particularly annoying because I only really want to be out from about 10 to noon and some of these people won't even be back out until I'm ready to pack it in. I can't believe people can be so inconsiderate.

I have to laugh when I read threads like this one.

I have been reading a great deal of threads involving kids and teens since I will be bringing my 2 teenage sons on a cruise soon. People seem to constantly be bashing kids for their behavior.

Hello.... my fellow grownups. How in the world can we expect children to behave better when all they have to do is look around and see adults acting like 2 year olds.

Chair hogs, throwing peoples stuff away, cussing at one another, acting rudely. YIKES. I'd rather spend a week with 100 rebelious teenagers than 10 "so called" grownups. ACT YOUR AGE PEOPLE!

cterry - I notice your first cruise will be this March. After you have been on your cruise (which I hope you and your boys will enjoy immensely) you might better understand a bit of the frustration expressed here. If your ship isn't crowded, you still might not. However, until then, I fear that you may be a bit like a friend of mine who always comes to a dead stop when entering a highway in an acceleration lane. He can't understand all the people screaming at him and making rude gestures, but he is absolutely sure that the problem is theirs alone and he can't fathom what all of them are in such a hurry for, anyway. You kind of both have to walk a mile in our shoes and also pay attention to what it feels like.

That's not the word I used. Some definitions of creditable are worthy, good, respectable. Conceeded, credible is probably a better choice of words!

jwlane, although I have the most respect for people who use proper spelling and grammar, I do have to note that the guidelines for the boards explicitly asks that people not correct spelling and grammar:

=====

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

=====

So, let's all just simmer down folks...think of your next cruise...

:)

:D If the chair hog problem bakes your noodle, feel free to visit the table hog thread. It is also a hoot.

The amazing thing is, even though I sometimes start these threads, there is almost nothing that really bothers me on vacation.

EXCEPT REALLY BAD WEATHER!!!! And you know DARN WELL that it's SOMEBODY'S FAULT. And I want my D#$&$# money BACK, because it's SOMEBODY'S FAULT!!!!!

Thank you

Steve

I'm sailing on the Splendour next week. So today I went looking for a chair hog pole. Wal-Mart said they carried them but were currently out of stock. Target said that they would not let anyone with a chair hog pole stand in front of their store (whether ringing a bell or not). Bass Pro Shops had fishing poles, frog giggin' poles, tent poles, pole vaulting poles, and a couple of others that looked like they might be for chair hogs, but alas...were not. They did have a couple of shotguns that the salesperson told me could be used for chair hogs but since I'll be flying to get to the ship....well, you know those darn security issues.

Needless to say, unless something turns up before January 29th, I'll be poleless for my cruise. Its really a shame too. I was hoping this would be a great vacation...

I'll let you all know how it went when I get back.

nynewfies

believe me, I am not naive. I am just so tired of the way people in this world treat one another. It seems like everywhere you turn people are ready to start a fight over something trivial. What happened to the good old days where kindness was more of the norm. My DH keeps telling me to relax and as I tell him, if I accept it I am no better than these out of control people.

I believe all of you should be irritated with the "chair hogs". It is the "chair hogs" of the world that need to be HOG TIED!!

Sorry cterry - I misunderstood. I thought you felt people that were complaining about their (the chair hogs) behavior were being trivial and that you felt we should just get on with enjoying our vacation and ignore them. Actually, we all really do enjoy our vacations or we wouldn't keep going back to cruising, which most of the people - if not all of the people - on these boards truly believe are the best vacations on earth. The almost perfect experience would be that much better if the chair hogs (and the Windjammer table hogs, as per another current thread) would just have more consideration for others. By the way, your kids will love the cruise. I didn't notice what ship you're on. My son, now 20, absolutely loved the big boats - Navigator and Voyager - for the neverending things to do. Between the sports decks and the teen activities, he made friends he still keeps in touch with after years. Email is a beautiful thing! RCCL attracts a wonderful variety of ages and interests, so they are bound to find others they have a great time with. As will you and your husband!

Dear Mr K9Cop sir,

Two things-

1) Please leave dog at home. I am leaving the country. It's not my fault. Some of my best friends are officers and always have the best stuff.

2) Signature: EXCELLENT. Have you heard this?

"You are heading for a brick wall at high speed. You have NO BRAKES. Do you:

a) hit the brakes and hope for the best

b) floor it"

Steve (not my real name)

Dear Mr K9Cop sir,

Two things-

1) Please leave dog at home. I am leaving the country. It's not my fault. Some of my best friends are officers and always have the best stuff.

2) Signature: EXCELLENT. Have you heard this?

"You are heading for a brick wall at high speed. You have NO BRAKES. Do you:

a) hit the brakes and hope for the best

b) floor it"

Steve (not my real name)

Dear Dosp,

With regards to your questions:

1. Dog has to stay home. He would go crazy in most ports of call and on the ship. Of course cops have the best stuff.

2. Not only do you floor it but you blow the horn and flip off the world just as you make impact....

and....we know who you really are....

I just came back from my "cruise-less" vacation out West. They seem to like to do a lot of BBQing of hogs....something about all the wild mesquite and sage brush I guess.

They wanted me to send all those wild hogs their way....they have their pits ready....and some really nice "poles" to place over the "coals!!" Time for a good flaming!!!

Yummies!!

Ok....back to my own balcony.....and out of the heat!!!

Oh honey!!!???? Where is my drink, you sexy devil you!!

Mariner...June of '05 here we come.

Cheers!

Archived