Kids Club - Full already??

We are having to change our plans and are now looking at sailing in end June/ beg July. The P&O site is telling us that kids club are full - although other sites are telling us there is space available - and it is still 6 months till sailaway.

would the clubs be full already and will they refuse to take the kids even if we say they won't go to kids club?

Thanks

Rach

We are having to change our plans and are now looking at sailing in end June/ beg July. The P&O site is telling us that kids club are full - although other sites are telling us there is space available - and it is still 6 months till sailaway.

would the clubs be full already and will they refuse to take the kids even if we say they won't go to kids club?

Thanks

Rach

yes that would be true P&O will only let some many children on each cruise , whether they go to kids club or not. It all way pays to book early when booking for children at the monent P&O are pushing adds every where and running all kinds of promos to sale there cruises, and its all aimed at families at the monent.

Thanks

Rach

maybe because its school holidays late June early July and they only take a certain number of kids

rkmw

rkmw

Thanks

Rach

Check with an Agent Rach,

We booked for the Pacific Dawn next Summer Holidays and we went through nearly every Cruise on the P&O website and there were no Kids vacancies for a 5 year old at all even non school Hols.

I emailed P&O and they said thats how it is, but they rang back a couple of days later and said their online booking software had a glitch and there were plenty of spots.

They need to sort out their website ASAP.

Ian

Hi!

I'm travelling with my 5 yr old granddaughter on Pacific Dawn in April. I've been reading the posts re: Kids Clubs. I had thought that one registers a child once one is abord the Ship. Now I'm a tad confused. Does one pre-register weeks before sailing. I tend to be a worry-wart. Help me :)

Emi

Hi!

I'm travelling with my 5 yr old granddaughter on Pacific Dawn in April. I've been reading the posts re: Kids Clubs. I had thought that one registers a child once one is abord the Ship. Now I'm a tad confused. Does one pre-register weeks before sailing. I tend to be a worry-wart. Help me :)

Emi

P&O have set restrictions on the number of kids allowed to sail in each category. If you have already booked then there is no problem for you. Once the limit in an age category has been reached they won't take let you book that cruise if your child falls into that category.

Registering for the kids club is different. You do that once you are on board. They will want the child's passport and the passports of any adults who are allowed to sign the child out of the kids club. There is some paperwork involved, and it should be waiting for you in your cabin. There is also a limit on the number of kids in the room at any given time, so it could happen that you take your granddaughter to the kids club only to find it is full. They will just tell you to come back later. This is pretty unlikely though. It didn't happen to us, and I've also heard from people who sailed in school holidays when all kids allocations were full that it didn't happen to them either.

So, providing that you are booked, you will have no problems. I hope you and your granddaughter have a fantastic cruise!

That is right Jo,

We tried to book online with P&O's website and could not work out why the system kept highlighting the 4 year old's details and it said select another Cruise.

It did this on around 15 different cruise's we tried (all of them)

Turns out their booking system had/has a glitch and was showing kids full when it was not the case in reality.

Ian

Hi Jo,

Thank you for the quick response and good wishes. We are both booked on the cruise. I did not realize that there are quotas for child travellers. I will register her for the Kids Club after embarkation. I know that she will want to spend a little time with people her own age.

January is almost gone. Not long until April!!!! :)

Emi

We too tried to book a cruise for our family and having previously booked through P&O tried to use the website.

When we got the 'no vacancy' sign for our 7 year old on every cruise we tried we decided to try another online agency.

We got the cruise & cabin we wanted for over $1000 cheaper & $300 onboard spending money.

Great for us, Commission for the agency & P&O can keep their website bookings from now on.

Well after the T/A tried to get us and the kids on a June/July cruise with no luck, we decided to totally change. Instead we are going to the sunshine coast to visit family and have changed our April 2010 cruise to my birthday cruise in June 2011. Interestingly enough, it will be exactly 5 years since our very first cruise - the first one was for my 35th birthday and the next one will be for my 40th!!

Archived