Island Princess Disappointment

jfv379

I just realized tonight that the Island Princess does not have an Adagio's.:mad:

If it does, I couldn't find it in the deck plans. Found Sabitini's but it's near the middle of the ship. I guess I got spoiled on the Crown with Sabitini's and that wonderful lounge and outside deck.

Is there a place on the Island that is similar for a quite drink and piano music or is that wishful thinking?

Oh what to do?????????????:confused:;)

Don't worry I'll not let it ruin my cruise.:D

Come on Kieth, this is your time to shine.:)

Yes - the Island and the Coral are different. But it has some great areas for music to enjoy. The Wheelhouse of course and Crooners is nice since on the Island and Coral has a four level atrium.

But one of our favorites is the Bayou Cafe - it has a bar area that you can order small dinner items(small fee) and listen to jazz music. Very unique.

Just a couple of ideas.:)

Just off the Island and there are lots of good spots. Our favorite was Crooner's in the atrium. The bar staff was terrific, and the music was great too. I know it's a little open for some, but this was our favorite spot on the ship for get togethers and drinks.

Thanks to both of you.

I hate to keep comparing the Crown, but there Crooners was always jamed because of the entertainment.

The Wheelhouse bar was never crowded because of the entertainment.

I'm trying to be diplomatic. Never was my strong suit.

I'll try them all on the Island maybe I'll end up Bayou cafe for jazz.

I'll get through the Adagio withdrawl.;)

Based upon our experience in Alaska last year the two places mentioned above (Wheelhouse bar or Bayou Cafe) would work well.

We had the Wheelhouse bar pretty much to ourselves the entire week. My gf likes to dance and it was liking having our own private dance band. One of the highlights of our cruise.

I just realized tonight that the Island Princess does not have an Adagio's.:mad:

If it does, I couldn't find it in the deck plans. Found Sabitini's but it's near the middle of the ship. I guess I got spoiled on the Crown with Sabitini's and that wonderful lounge and outside deck.

Is there a place on the Island that is similar for a quite drink and piano music or is that wishful thinking?

:)

On the Crown is it Sabatinis or Adagio's that has an outside deck? Haven't been on that ship yet.

Just outside of the Bayou Cafe in the hallway there are table and chairs. The waitstaff at the Bayou Cafe take care of the area. Your right next to the windows. The DW and I spent alot of time sitting there listening to the music.

The Wheelhouse bar was never crowded because of the entertainment.

;)

One strange thing on the Island and the Coral - even though they are smaller ships than the Grand class ships - the Wheelhouse bar is huge. We like the Grand Class Wheelhouse better - more intimate and the Theater doesn't let out in the Wheelhouse.

Oh what to do?????????????:confused:;)

Don't worry I'll not let it ruin my cruise.:D

Come on Kieth, this is your time to shine.:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. Who said that? :D

Well I agree about the Bayou, they usually have a great trio, a nice dance floor, tables outside the eating area as well as the passageway outside the venue, and its all open to the eating area as well so you can enjoy while you dine.

Yes the Wheelhouse is fantastic and big too!

Perfection!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. Who said that? :D

Well I agree about the Bayou, they usually have a great trio, a nice dance floor, tables outside the eating area as well as the passageway outside the venue, and its all open to the eating area as well so you can enjoy while you dine.

Yes the Wheelhouse is fantastic and big too!

Perfection!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Henny Youngman ( Take my wife..Please ) or Victor Borge?????????? I missed that one, I must not be old enough. Or was it "I get no respect" Rodney Dangerfield???? I should stop while I'm ahead.

Thanks all for the responses.

The Island Princess has a new band onboard in the Wheelhouse Lounge which features a singer named Pat who is an excellent crooner.

The Crooner's Bar piano entertainer has a zany side where he likes to go into the crowd.

The jazz band in the Bayou Cafe is very experienced.

The rock band in the Explorer's Lounge is from St. Lucia and features two women singers who are very good.

Archived