First time cruise and solo.

maryjo62

Hi to cruisers,i am a widow of 13 months.Was married for 43 years.Going on a cruise to the south pacific on the sun princess, on the 6th of march 2010 for 2 weeks.

I dont really know if being by my self on this cruise, will be much different to being by myself for the last 13 months.Just a change of scenery will be good,and the sea air.Best wishes from maryjo62.

Hi Maryjo

Greetings from another aussie!

Go with a positive attitude and remember it is your holiday so do what you want on the cruise.

You might consider joining the 'roll call'. I have attached the link below. Pacific Sun?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=977391

I did that for my first solo so had a connection with some lovely people who I caught up with on the cruise at a meet and mingle. The south pacific is a great destination.

I hope you have an great time!!:)

Hi to cruisers,i am a widow of 13 months.Was married for 43 years.Going on a cruise to the south pacific on the sun princess, on the 6th of march 2010 for 2 weeks.

I dont really know if being by my self on this cruise, will be much different to being by myself for the last 13 months.Just a change of scenery will be good,and the sea air.Best wishes from maryjo62.

Congratulations on booking your first solo cruise. Like you I am also a widow of 13 months and was married for 35 years to my wonderful husband. I am getting ready to do my second solo cruise this weekend. With my work schedule I can only do short cruises right now but eventually I will be able to do longer cruises.

Enjoy your cruise and the new memories that you will be making for yourself. We all must go on.

Live with passion, Cherrin

Lost my loving husband of 40 years this summer. I cruised the southern caribbean out of San Juan on the Victory. 7 ports in 7 days with no sea days.

I expected a wide swing in emotions and did indeed experince highs and lows. The most important lesson I learned was to accept the enjoyment and adventure without the guilt. I certainly will travel solo again.

"I expected a wide swing in emotions and did indeed experince highs and lows. The most important lesson I learned was to accept the enjoyment and adventure without the guilt."

I just lost my husband of 22 years Sept 11, 2009 and I'm going on my first cruise in May with three girl friends from high school. I have lingering guilt for having a good time but I'll take this lesson to heart. Thanks for sharing.

"I expected a wide swing in emotions and did indeed experince highs and lows. The most important lesson I learned was to accept the enjoyment and adventure without the guilt."

I just lost my husband of 22 years Sept 11, 2009 and I'm going on my first cruise in May with three girl friends from high school. I have lingering guilt for having a good time but I'll take this lesson to heart. Thanks for sharing.

So sorry for your loss and hope you have a wonderful time.

I lost my sweet husband of 34 years last January. I am booked on a B2B at the end of the month and 1st week in March. This will be my first solo cruise, but not my first solo vacation. This past fall I traveled around for a month and had a blast. I enjoyed traveling so much with my husband and did not want to discontinue it since he was gone. Most of our friends still work; so I'm just doing what I want to do. AND loving it. We have to move on when our lives change and make the best of it. So enjoy your cruise and there are so many people on board; you won't be by yourself. Embrace the friendship of others.

Be happy.

I am going on my first solo cruise in May on the Carnival Freedom. After reading how much everyone has enjoyed going by themselves on a cruise, I am really looking forward to my cruise. The only thing I am having trouble with is what hotel to stay at in Fort Lauderdale. I am driving from Alabama and will be staying in Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise. I can't decide if I want to park at the port or stay in a hotel that offers the park and cruise package.

Anyone who has cruised out of Fort Lauderdale have any suggestions on a good hotel?

Also traveling by myself is it better to take a shuttle from the hotel or park at the port?

I am going on my first solo cruise in May on the Carnival Freedom. After reading how much everyone has enjoyed going by themselves on a cruise, I am really looking forward to my cruise. The only thing I am having trouble with is what hotel to stay at in Fort Lauderdale. I am driving from Alabama and will be staying in Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise. I can't decide if I want to park at the port or stay in a hotel that offers the park and cruise package.

Anyone who has cruised out of Fort Lauderdale have any suggestions on a good hotel?

Also traveling by myself is it better to take a shuttle from the hotel or park at the port?

Hi:)...long drive...there is a Laquinta near the airport that has a package.

You can leave your car there and they will shuttle you to the ship.

If you go to Laquinta.com you will see it....the hotel is on 26th Street.

And there is also a Hampton Inn in Plantation that offers a package

as well. Its a bit further west but they will shuttle you to ship too.

I have friends who have stayed at both places.

I have sailed from FLL alot....its easy:)...have FUN:D

Archived