What month is best for a cruise to the Bahamas?

aj925

I'm booking the Carnival Pride cruise that goes to the Bahamas and Grand Turk and I can't decide what month is best to go. June or September. September is considerably cheaper, but is there a reason why? Maybe because the water is not as calm or the possibility of bad weather because that's the middle of hurricane season? Any advice?

I'm booking the Carnival Pride cruise that goes to the Bahamas and Grand Turk and I can't decide what month is best to go. June or September. September is considerably cheaper, but is there a reason why? Maybe because the water is not as calm or the possibility of bad weather because that's the middle of hurricane season? Any advice?

It's most likely (??) cheaper because less folks are cruising. Kids up through college are going back to school.

I live in south Florida, and while June can produce extreme heat, it always seems hotter later in the summer. Between that, and the fact that hurricane season is generally pretty quiet in June, I'd go in June. But if September was the only time that worked for me, I wouldn't hesitate.

Archived