Where is the best snorkeling on the Mexican Riviera?

MrsFlydude

My husband and I will be taking our 2nd cruise in April, to the Mexican Riviera, with NCL. (1st was to Alaska.) I love to snorkel, and would like to snorkel once on the trip. Which port (Acapulco, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta or Cabo san Lucas) has the best to offer? Thanks for any suggestions!

We did snorkeling on our own at Ixtapa, but you get a much better variety of sea life if you do a boat snorkel there. However, it was nice to do it on our own. You can get a ride across the bay on a fishing boat for a few $'s, and then just pick a spot on the beach to drop your stuff and snorkel. There are vendors who will approach you about using their "property". There is no charge for using the chairs and having them keep an eye on any stuff, but they do expect that you'll buy a beer or soft drink.

Cabo is supposed to have really fabulous snorkeling, but the day we went it had stormed earlier and the water was very murky. Even so, there were tons of fish, just hard to see them. I'd love to go back there and try again.

Hope this helps.

Becki

Archived