Need some help from my US friends

biksgirl

myself and a whole group of family members will be on the Dream in August this year. Everyone is a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport, except for my brother's wife. They just got married in July and although she's a resident of Canada, she is not a citizen and has a passport from India. She has applied for her Canadian citizenship but may not get it in time.

What documentation will she need to enter the US? where can I go/call for information? any information is much appreciated!

myself and a whole group of family members will be on the Dream in August this year. Everyone is a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport, except for my brother's wife. They just got married in July and although she's a resident of Canada, she is not a citizen and has a passport from India. She has applied for her Canadian citizenship but may not get it in time.

What documentation will she need to enter the US? where can I go/call for information? any information is much appreciated!

Entering the US is not the only issue.

Cruising to different countries MAY also be an issue. Some say, "Well, I just won't get off the ship." Doesn't work that way. If the country that the ship is visiting "Requires" a visa from citizens of India, then she would have to apply for and recieve those visas.

I feel your pain right now-booking an Alaska cruise right now but my brazilian companion has a US visa and the ship docks in Vancouver. Should probably only be in the country for a few hours (and go to Seattle), but still have to get the visa for it.

She needs to contact the Indian Embassy to figure out if she needs any visas, etc.

I wouldn't count on the Indian embassy knowing- you need to check with the countries involved- US, and whatever islands or countries the ship stops at. The information is usually available on the government web sites. And she should start now since sometimes you need to send the passport to the Embassy to get the visa. Unless you are someplace where there are Embassies. It can be time consuming and Indian passports are not easy ones.

The US information is available at: http://travel.state.gov/

That will cover getting to the ship.

Check with Carnival in regards to citizenship as it relates to the various ports.

Archived