Hi cruisers i am going on the Pacific Sun

maryjo62

i did not think there was a difference,between pacific sun and sun pacific lol.Any way my cabin is on empress deck (category DD)cabin E171(subject to change).Dont know any thing about the ship as i have never been on a cruise ship.I dont think i will get sea sick,as i used to go deep sea fishing and that is pretty rough.Just one problem after a day fishing,it takes me a while to stop rocking,so i guess 2 weeks will leave me really rocking and rolling.I am really looking forward to my trip,it will be a new experience.

All the best maryjo62.:)

I dont think i will get sea sick,as i used to go deep sea fishing and that is pretty rough.

Great that you think that...

but the Motion on the Ocean

is something else again.

We know folk who go boating

and are never sick,

they where on our cruise

and we did not see them

till several days into the cruise

as they where sea sick.

A cruise ship is a different motion.

Hi Maryjo62. Welcome to CC. Which cruise are you booked on? Are you going solo or with others? Pacific Sun is a great ship. Leave in 3 days to sail for the 2nd time on her. DH & I had a ball on our 1st cruise. This is number 3. Many on here have been many times. Go to the ROLL CALL section & join in. Ask as many questions you want to. Our 1st cruise I asked soooo much & got soooo much help. Suexxx

Hi Maryjo62. Welcome to CC. Which cruise are you booked on? Are you going solo or with others? Pacific Sun is a great ship. Leave in 3 days to sail for the 2nd time on her. DH & I had a ball on our 1st cruise. This is number 3. Many on here have been many times. Go to the ROLL CALL section & join in. Ask as many questions you want to. Our 1st cruise I asked soooo much & got soooo much help. Suexxx

Hey Sue...Have a wonderful holiday....you have to love it when the countdown is into single digits :)

myself.I am looking forward to it.Hope you have a good time on your cruise.Just been told this afternoon that the ship pacific sun will be leaving one day late,and from a different port.My travel agent is rebooking my hotel accomadation,flights,etc.Glad i am using a travel agent,if not i would be in a state.Best wishes maryjo62.:)

Have a great cruise, maryjo, and also suexxx.

We were on Empress deck on Pacific Sun for the Flower of Asia Cruise. Lovely cabin, cant really fault it, showers always nice and hot with good pressure. Sometimes there were strange vibrations, I dont sleep well on land abut had wonderful sleeps on PS. The beds are great too, nice and firm.

I was really worried about seasickness: I have suffered from it on the Rottnest Ferry (Perth) and also on a 4 day liveaboard dive boat off Cairns, both small boats. On PS I took tablets the first day, but then forgot all about them for the rest of the cruise. For the last 2 days sailing down the WA coast, quite a bit of rock and roll but I had sea legs by then.

Actually rocked for the first few days at home, the weirdest sensation was going to the supermarket and all was swaying, and I was sober too!

Enjoy your cruise, folks, the best thing to pack is a positive attitude, that makes the mishaps that always come up more like adventures that memories are made up!

It pays to take something with you for sea sickness, like another poster said, there is always movement, it is the sea swell I think. I take sea sick pills and now take them for a few days when I get home as after the first trip I couldn't even drive the car. Taking them when I get home helps heaps. Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will, and please let us know when you get back how it went.

:D

Have a great cruise, maryjo, and also suexxx.

We were on Empress deck on Pacific Sun for the Flower of Asia Cruise. Lovely cabin, cant really fault it, showers always nice and hot with good pressure. Sometimes there were strange vibrations, I dont sleep well on land abut had wonderful sleeps on PS. The beds are great too, nice and firm.

I was really worried about seasickness: I have suffered from it on the Rottnest Ferry (Perth) and also on a 4 day liveaboard dive boat off Cairns, both small boats. On PS I took tablets the first day, but then forgot all about them for the rest of the cruise. For the last 2 days sailing down the WA coast, quite a bit of rock and roll but I had sea legs by then.

Actually rocked for the first few days at home, the weirdest sensation was going to the supermarket and all was swaying, and I was sober too!

Enjoy your cruise, folks, the best thing to pack is a positive attitude, that makes the mishaps that always come up more like adventures that memories are made up!

Great to hear you had an enjoyable time! We are on Pacific Sun 12/2 (Indonesian Adventure) so any suggestions regarding shore trips or any on-board tips would be welcome. I plan to pack my positive attitude :D

Mel

:D

Great to hear you had an enjoyable time! We are on Pacific Sun 12/2 (Indonesian Adventure) so any suggestions regarding shore trips or any on-board tips would be welcome. I plan to pack my positive attitude :D

Mel

Sea sick tablets are more expensive to buy onboard but the big problem is the shop tends to run out quite quickly if it does get a bit choppy!

I would say buy them anyway because the ship can move in strange ways!

Not so much like a smaller boat but it gets pushed sideways by the current which can make you feel a bit weird if inside and up the front a bit!

I take them a few hours before getting on just in case.

You dont realise how much it moves about until you get home! last time it took me almost a week to re adjust!

Great feeling in your own bed though, as soon as you close your eyes you are swaying and moving up and down!

Hi Mel,

We did a reveiw of the cruise as well as a blog here http://rnmsmaidenvoyage.blogspot.com/ hope that is OK to post.

Oh boy all this reading is getting me thinking that I can't wait all those 300 odd days.....

Have fun and will look forward to your stories on your return.

Richard

Hope you have a great cruise, mkhannah! Glad to answer any queries...

We got so many useful tips from reading this forum, so glad we found it before our Xmas cruise.

Suggestions we followed (and glad we did!):

• insulated travel type mugs with lids: to take a coffee back to the cabin first thing in the morning (plus a pastry sometimes ;)), to take to the deckchair, to sip whilst leaning on the foredeck railing....
  • Glen20 or similar to "freshen up" the cabin's bathroom....

wish we had taken:

a watch! we thought, we are on hols, dont need one!

Well, I ended up having to use my mobile to look at the time... I mean, there is always "stuff" like dinner time, show time, bingo time, making beaded keyring time... and the cabins dont have any clocks...

Hope you have a great cruise, mkhannah! Glad to answer any queries...

We got so many useful tips from reading this forum, so glad we found it before our Xmas cruise.

Suggestions we followed (and glad we did!):

• insulated travel type mugs with lids: to take a coffee back to the cabin first thing in the morning (plus a pastry sometimes ;)), to take to the deckchair, to sip whilst leaning on the foredeck railing....
  • Glen20 or similar to "freshen up" the cabin's bathroom....

wish we had taken:

a watch! we thought, we are on hols, dont need one!

Well, I ended up having to use my mobile to look at the time... I mean, there is always "stuff" like dinner time, show time, bingo time, making beaded keyring time... and the cabins dont have any clocks...

Thanks - a watch makes more sense than carrying mobile phone everywhere!

If anyone could give me a tip on the best place to purchase duty free alcohol I would be grateful:D

We actually got it cheaper on the ship and it was delivered to our room the night before we got off. Hope that answers your questions.

Richard

happy to hear from some one who has been on the Pacific Sun and on the Empress deck. thank you so much for your post.

Also thanks to all other advice i have been given,i am just like a sponge soaking it all up,reading everything.

I bought some sea sick pills just in case,and i am throwing items i will need in a box,so i dont forget to pack them.

Best wishes and happy sailing from maryjo62.

Archived