Grand Princess

Chrisbha

No, it isn't. We have been on the ship twice and are considering a summer cruise on her. It was fine. Very similar to Diamond and other ships in that class. We had great experiences on both occasions. And, we have been on a cruise that disappointed us so much that we will never sail that line again, so we don't like everything. It wasn't Princess, obviously.) Everyone has different opinions on things, but that is ours.

Ohiodoglover

Actually the Grand is my favorite Princess ship. I have sailed on several of the newer ones, but I really like the Grand. It doesn't have all of the amenities of the newer ships, but it's basically the same size, but holds 500 less passengers, and that is a plus to me!

I would not hesitate to book on her anytime that I can.

Mike

I love the Grand. I only wish it had the International Cafe (I believe it is geeting one at some point). Sure, it is a little older, but I love the lay-out of the ship, the decor, it is a sturdy well-running ship that purrs right along. I'm going back on her this March and I can't wait.

Also there have been a number of posts on this subject recently. Just search on Grand Princess and you will find them. The consensus seems to be that the negative reviews have been far too critical and nit-picking. You can judge this yourself when you read the reviews. All too often one or two small problems seem to get magnified into a slam on the whole cruise. In the last two years we have cruised on 7 different ships and in every case we found things to be better (in most cases much better) than one might expect from reading only the posted reviews.

We are sailing on the Grand in February and I am not at all concerned. Princess is an excellent line and you will have a good time.:)

Some people find fault with everything and can't be pleased. I wouldn't take them too seriously and don't let them discourage you. Nothing, no ship anywhere, is ever 100% perfect. Just go with a positve attitude and let the little things roll off your sleeve.

The ship is no where as bad as the reviews say IMHO. BUT, we felt the ship was starting to look a bit tired and needs some definitely upgrading. That was a year ago. And friends who cruise recently on the Grand, and have cruised quite a bit on the Grand this past year, emailed me to say it does need something to spruce it up a bit.

But you will be fine, especially is you have no memories of how it looked when it was brand new (like we do).

Archived