Family-friendly Hotel near airport

seacrcsvz

We cruise back into Barcelona and can get off the ship before 9, but there is only one flight a day back to Venezuela at 06:00 - hence we will have to spend the night. We have booked the Montserrat shore excursion which will then transfer us back to a hotel within close proximity of the airport. Can anyone suggest a hotel which can accomodate a family of five - we will want to be as close as possible so that the morning transfer is easy (I dread getting up at 3:30 with three kids), but also with some ammenities since I don't have any plans for that afternoon so will want something for the kids to do at the hotel - pool, restaurant, etc. Maybe even easy train access in case we decide we want to get out.

Thanks,

Sarah

You might also want to check Renaissance Barcelona Airport. They have a heated outdoor pool. They also offer a free shuttle to Placa Espana if you wanted to go downtown in the evening. And best of all they have free transportation to the airport (although you would probably want to verify for the time you need.)

Thanks everyone for your responses. I did check with the Renaissance but at 450 Euro a night for our family configuration, I didn't want to go that route (it sounded great though). In the end, The Best Western Alfa offered me two adjoined rooms, each with a king bed, for half that price. They have an indoor pool and free airport shuttle. Although they don't offer the transfer into downtown Barcelona, the train is just a minute or two away so we can always do that if we want. I'm thinking that after 9 busy days on a cruise, with a very early flight the next day, and after touring Montserrat in the morning, we will be happy to just hang out at the hotel pool, maybe watch a little t.v. and get to bed early.

Thanks again. I knew I would get the assistance I needed from everyone on this site!

Sarah

Archived