Tour Le Havre to Juno Beach Centre

marlenec

We are doing the Star Princess 28 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen and will be in Le Havre on May 6th. We are two senior Canadians and want to join a tour to the Canadian D-Day landing site at Juno Beach, and to the Juno Beach centre. Can anyone help us. Thanks , Marlene

We took the British Isles cruise last June and the tour offered was probably the same that will be offered on the Star.

While it has a heavy focus on the American beaches and the Museum of the Landing Day at Arromanches, it did alot to address the landing by all Allied forces.

It was a great tour and I don't think you will be disappointed. Here is the link to the Princess site and the description of the tour.

http://www.princess.com/learn/shorex/shorexdetail.jsp?shorexId=LEH-115

If you decide to do something on your own, really research it and plan it before you do. It was a 2 hour bus ride to the beaches from the port... you certainly want to make sure you see what you want and get back to the ship on time. Alot to squeeze into a single day by yourself.

We are doing the Star Princess 28 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen and will be in Le Havre on May 6th. We are two senior Canadians and want to join a tour to the Canadian D-Day landing site at Juno Beach, and to the Juno Beach centre. Can anyone help us. Thanks , Marlene

Marlene --

Am on this Cruise also (18 day); there is a Roll Call.

Click on Princess Roll Call -- Star Princess -- April 24th.

I organized a Normandy D-Day Private Tour; however, my Tour is filled.

There is a possibility that another Normandy Tour will be started.

Suggest that you make an inquiry on the Roll Call.

Alternative would be the Princess Tour.

Hi, just a note to welcome you to our roll call for this cruise. Please join our rioll call. I have been putting together a post that has private tours with space available. I believe there is space available with a tour from another member. I post the list once a day as it is updated with new tours or I take a tour off once it is filled.

Agine welcome to the board, if I can be of any help please let me know.:)

We took a private tour with John Flaherty (excellent Historian and current active participant with the local Historical Society – also collects WWII motor vehicles)

Hand Maid Tours

john@handmaidtours.com

http://www.handmaidtours.com

My husband and son are very interested in Military History and were very pleased with this tour. He even stimulated an interest in this subject for myself and daughter.John will plan the itinerary according to your own interests and needs.

Another vote for John Flaherty at http://www.handmaidtours.com. We went with him when we were in LeHavre and had an excellent tour. We saw all the invasion beaches, Pont du Hoc, the Pegasus Bridge, and had lunch in a cafe as well as visiting both the American and British cemeteries. He provided us with one of the best tours we have ever taken.

Marlenec,

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I noticed this was only your 2nd post. See there have been a couple mentions to you about our Roll Call. The site was not posted.

Here is a link to our Roll Call ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22918271#post22918271

Do come over and join us, we are a very friendly group of cruisers. There are many private tours already set up for the entire cruise. come on over and join us....and sure that you will find someone else who would like to do the same tour.

We will look for you on the Roll Call.

Archived