Can anyone get in touch with you?

jojo1108

I am just worried that if anyone would need to get in touch with us while we are on our cruise, in the event of an emergency, that they would not be able to.

Also, I have T-Mobile and I know I need to call them, but, does anyone use their cell phone on the ship? Is it expensive? Thanks!

Carnival's FAQ has the info you need for a true emergency contact...

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/FAQLanding.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88

Go down to the "shore to ship communications" link.

Yes, it's expensive. Yes, using your cell phone is expensive. As are the internet packages with their excrutiatingly slow connections.

Yes, people use their phones. Well, some do. I don't. I don't cruise to stay in touch with anyone but myself! :D

I did receive phone calls about one of my dogs I had boarded at a vets a couple of years ago. I wasn't thrilled with the cost of the calls but it paled in comparison to what I had to pay for what they did for him while I was gone. :(

That's exactly what I'm worried about, we have 5 kids (all grown and out of the house) between the two of us and we have 4 dogs. I definitely can't wait to be away from everything, but, I am a little bit of a worrier and just want to be sure I can be reached in the event of an emergency.

has anyone tried using Skype with the ship internet connection? I'm thinking that if someone needed to reach you, they could at least call your cellphone and you'd see the number register on caller-id and then you could then get to your laptop on the ship and call them via Skype for much less than what it would cost to via cell phone with international roaming charges.

I did receive phone calls about one of my dogs I had boarded at a vets a couple of years ago. I wasn't thrilled with the cost of the calls but it paled in comparison to what I had to pay for what they did for him while I was gone. :(

What happened to your dog?

According to the FAQs posted above--to use your phone in the cabin to call home will cost you 6.99 a minute for US calls- but it will cost 9.99 a minute if you are making an international call.

Remember when you are at sea--that would be an international call.

maybe you can set up email and check that for emergencies--and if an emergency does come up then you get in touch with someone

Archived