budget queen B&B

midwife56

I was in Anchorage in June 1995 and stayed with http://www.alaskabigbearbb.com. Carol is a retired home economics teacher and picked me up at the train station and took me back to the train station.

The house is out in a neighborhood and she and her husband have some interesting artifacts from Alaska.

Don't know how it is now but it was a great place to stay in 1995.

Downtown- I have stayed at Alaska Walkabout and the bonus was the free bikes and great access to the Coastal Trails, if this is of interest?? I have stayed at the Teddy Bear and Chickadee- south- but bargains and wonderful run B&B's. But look over the listings and take a chance perhaps. I've only had one dreadful experience in all the Alaska B&B's I have stayed in .

Midwife,

You should get a free Anch and Alaska visitor guides by calling or go on web. You can also search for Anc BnB's and find tons of listings and bnb associations. We stayed at the Chickadee also and found it very nice with a gracious hostess who cooked a large breakfast and had lots of nice conversation. Price was reasonable and worked great for us. She has two rooms downstairs with bath and I think one upstairs that she sometimes rents out.

Archived