How's The Coffee On QM2?

wrahn2002

Most ships I've been on, with the exception of Holland American's Statendam in 1997, have had lousy coffee for breakfast and dinner. I now usually bring my own coffee kit with me on cruises. Therefore, my question is: Should I bring my coffee kit on the QM2 or do they have good coffee?

Wes

I thought the coffee on the QM2 was reasonably good. In the self-serve area, it varied from machine to machine, but was never terrible. In the Britannia, I liked it. HAL has some terrible coffee in their self-service areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the 1/29/05 cruise on the QM 2 and can report the coffee in the King's Court for breakfast and lunch and the Britannia for dinner is NOT very good if you're a serious (quality ) coffee lover. The experience for the Queens and Princess Grills might be different, but I have no knowledge of the coffee in those grills. I did finally discover I could enjoy a cappuccino at dinner in the Britannia Restaurant by ordering one (no charge) from our waiter. My experience with the coffee is not much different than for the other cruise lines.

Wes

Archived