I called for my Up-sell

karmic50

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with Carnival. They are offering a 7 category upgrade to past guests. I went from a 7A to 8K extended balcony for only a $100 for two people!!!!!! In other words, $50 per person. I gave up the long balcony located at 5236 for 7166. No more lifeboats in front of our cabin.

With the credit I got the other day I only paid $60.00 for the up-sell!!! I called carnival to make this happen.

Did I do the right thing?

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with Carnival. They are offering a 7 category upgrade to past guests. I went from a 7A to 8K extended balcony for only a $100 for two people!!!!!! In other words, $50 per person. I gave up the long balcony located at 5236 for 7166. No more lifeboats in front of our cabin.

With the credit I got the other day I only paid $60.00 for the up-sell!!! I called carnival to make this happen.

Did I do the right thing?

All right!!! I had an extended Balcony on the Carnival Valor this past December. I loved it. It was on the outside corner beside the wrap around. Great views!!!!!

You 'll love it. Good on you!!!

Charleyann

All right!!! I had an extended Balcony on the Carnival Valor this past December. I loved it. It was on the outside corner beside the wrap around. Great views!!!!!

You 'll love it. Good on you!!!

Charleyann

Thanks... We are excited

I noticed this upgrade last week and asked about it on the boards, but I asked in the sense of Early Saver. But I think the consensus was that b/c I booked ES and the prices were higher for the upgrades that I couldn't get upgraded.

Plus on my cruise the upgrade would probably be to and ocean view, but I don't care for the ocean views b/c they are on the lower decks. I had an ocean view on Celebrity and all I could see was water splashing.

I really would like a balcony........I know I know.......but can dream can't I?

I just called after reading the post.

After being put on hold for quite a bit they could only offer me an upgrade based on prevailing rates which I turned down.

They said I would have to wait for the CALL!

Oh well.... it does not hurt to try!!!

I noticed this upgrade last week and asked about it on the boards, but I asked in the sense of Early Saver. But I think the consensus was that b/c I booked ES and the prices were higher for the upgrades that I couldn't get upgraded.

Plus on my cruise the upgrade would probably be to and ocean view, but I don't care for the ocean views b/c they are on the lower decks. I had an ocean view on Celebrity and all I could see was water splashing.

I really would like a balcony........I know I know.......but can dream can't I?

I booked as a ES. I got it because I am a past guest as well.

My original price was 819 per person (7A), then the price dropped and I got a $20 OBC. Now my room is $799 (7A). An 8A was $849. I paid the difference of $50 per person for the upgrade. Minus the $40 OBC and I got a 7 category upgrade for only $60!!!!

Archived