King Kam closed for remodeling?

gargoyle999

It was posted on the roll call for my cruise to Hawaii in April that the King Kam hotel is closed for remodeling and that the car rentals are not happening from the hotel because of that.

I won't be able to call until Thursday. Does anyone know whether or not the King Kam car rentals are happening right now?

It was posted on the roll call for my cruise to Hawaii in April that the King Kam hotel is closed for remodeling and that the car rentals are not happening from the hotel because of that.

I won't be able to call until Thursday. Does anyone know whether or not the King Kam car rentals are happening right now?

Others have posted that they've had problems, but I was able to reserve a car through Thrifty at that location for May 12.

I have a confirmed reservation for April 18th. Just not sure if they will be there! :eek:

I'm going to call the local number on Thur when I have a day off, but just wanted to see if anyone knew one way or the other before that. It would really mess up my plans if they are not open. :mad:

I got this reply from my agent who I booked our car through

I have checked with Dollar, they confirmed that the rental desk in King Kamehameha Hotel will stay open in March. I have asked them to send me a confirmation; I will forward it to you as soon as I receive it.

I have a confirmed reservation for April 18th. Just not sure if they will be there! :eek:

I'm going to call the local number on Thur when I have a day off, but just wanted to see if anyone knew one way or the other before that. It would really mess up my plans if they are not open. :mad:

Would like to know what you find out. I agree that you could have a reservation and they might not be there. Happened to me once. Plus I reserved at the Kauai Marriott and found out by accident that it is closed. Nobody told me?

Would like to know what you find out. I agree that you could have a reservation and they might not be there. Happened to me once. Plus I reserved at the Kauai Marriott and found out by accident that it is closed. Nobody told me?

Have now received this from my agent.

Hi Veronica

We have recd a call from Gold Medal regarding a query on the car hire ref 4871474 pick up/drop off at King Kamehameha Hotel on the 10th – 11th March. Gold medal advised the depot will be open when customers arrive to collect the car hire between 08:00-12noon. So car is fine to be picked up at 09:00am and dropped off at 09:00am.

Many Thanks

The King Kam Hotel is undergoing extensive renovations, but the hotel is still open. From what I understand, they are now working on remodeling the second tower and the lobby and public areas. So, whereever the car rental desk was could now be in a bit of a different location due to the work being done. You could always call the front desk of the King Kam Hotel to verify about the car rental desk.

Also heard that the hotel is going to be really beautiful when everything is done!!

I was there in early January. They seemed to be remodeling one tower at a time. The lobby was open and so was the car rental desk. My shore excursion (Seaquest http://www.seaquesthawaii.com/Deluxe_Morning_Adventure.html) was cancelled due to high surf so I just walked over to the King Kamehameha Hotel and was able to rent a car for the day with no reservation. They had only jeeps and convertibles -- the inexpensive cars were all reserved -- so I got to enjoy a convertible for the day.

Archived