Miles and Miles Feedback

JunaluskaLady

Has anyone had either good or bad experiences with Miles and Miles? We are thinking of booking this company for a tour of Rome.

We had booked Marco with Rome Connection, but he dumped us in favor of a larger, more lucrative group. We had booked months ago and then he suddenly "remembered" he couldn't drive our group and wanted us to join the larger one. Very unprofessional.

Has anyone had either good or bad experiences with Miles and Miles? We are thinking of booking this company for a tour of Rome.

We had booked Marco with Rome Connection, but he dumped us in favor of a larger, more lucrative group. We had booked months ago and then he suddenly "remembered" he couldn't drive our group and wanted us to join the larger one. Very unprofessional.

Thank you for vetting that company (Rome Connection) on Cruise Critic. These guys don't realize how much business they stand to lose when they treat people like that.

There is a thread on miles & miles here. You can search them here and on trip advisor.

We used them this past fall. Shared a van with 2 other couple. I think it was 60 euros an hour & we booked for 5 hours. It was great!!!! You should have an idea of what you want to do/see before hand. Note: we had a driver, not a tour guide. Tho he gave us plenty of history and humor, he was not allowed to "take " us into to any place. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Sodell. Did you do just Ancient Rome?

Yes but the driver was very accomodating. Whatever we wanted to do. He also had many suggestions.

He (I can't recall the drivers name) picked us up at the Piazza Republica. Our first stop was Santa Maria de Popolo (1st chuurch in Angels & Demons), went to....

Piazza Navona-- showed us the

Trevi Fountain

Spanish Steps

Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II-- from there, we had a view of the Foum & Colliseum

Catacombs

Drove past

Colliseum

Jewish Ghetto

Circus MaximusThe Forum

Probably more.....

• 6 months later...

We used Miles and Miles both for Rome and Florence im July. Roberto was out driver/guide in Rome, and we had Andreas in Florence. Both tours were excellent; our guides were accommodating and adjusted their usual plans to suit our groups' wishes and needs. We highly recommend them and would use this company again in a heartbeat.

Having used Miles & Miles in July, I can say that my experience was very similar to Sodell's. Francesco also took us to the park with the Garibaldi Statue with the incredible view as well as the keyhole view. We also took an hour sidetrack and toured the Great Synagogue of Rome. Even though we did not do a Vatican tour, Francesco has connections and got us in to the building where they make the mosaics for the Vatican as well as gifts for visiting dignitaries, such as Presidents, etc. Seeing the craftsmen at work was pretty fascinating.

Francesco loved talking about his city. He told me that everyone in the family as well as all of the Miles & Miles driver guides spend time in the US as the business only caters to english speaking people. I'd have to say that Francesco was on top of American culture and they understand their audience.

As was mentioned in this thread, the drivers are driver guides and not licensed guides. We are going back to Rome next summer with the kids and are taking the train in and doing a full three hour archaelogical tour with a licensed guide. I think the driver guide "door to door" service is great for first timers. It is expensive and you don't get what some are looking for. I'll be happy that we will have experienced both a day with Miles & Miles as well as a day on our own and enjoying a more in depth tour of Ancient Rome with a licensed guide.

Francesco met us at the ship and took us on a wonderful tour of Rome, which was one of the highlights of our trip. He speaks perfect English, and is very upbeat and informative. At the beginning of the tour, he took us to a cafe, across the street from where he went to school. It was his neighborhood, and we immediately felt comfortable getting to see some of the real (non-touristy) Rome. However, we also saw some of the key sights, including the Colliseum, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, and the Vatican. He was able to get us into the Colliseum, bypassing long lines. He knew the ticket guy at the gate, so it was easy to get in quickly and explore. Some places, we only had time to drive by (e.g., the Forum). For a one-day visit to a city where you could easily spend a week exploring, we were very happy.

Archived