Miracle in 2010

snowy owl

Sailing on her in Jan 2011! We originally booked the St Maarten/St. Kitts/St. Lucia itin but had to switch due to school conflicts.:mad:

I have no idea what to do on our new itin.::eek:

Grand Turk

Catalina Island

Curacao

Aruba

What can anyone tell me about these ports!

Carnival website lists nothing for shore excursions for the last 3 ports! I don't understand why?

I've been to the ports of call board a few times. We want to snorkel and hit the beach most of the time.

Is there anything not to be missed?!

TIA:)

Can't speak to the other ports, but Aruba is absolutely the most beautiful port we have visited to date! It's been many years & we kept saying we'll go back some day soon, maybe even a land based vacation. We did a snorkel trip where they took us out to an old wreck, the mast stuck a foot or so out of the water & the water was so clear you could still see the rope coiled on the deck! That's definitely a place I would want to snorkel again.

Hi Palm-Breeze we are sailing on the Miracle 1-6-2011 I can not find anything on Catalina Island any place!!! If you find something will you post it! We too have school age kids going with us from 6 years thur 17years old and will miss some school. please post if you find anything and I will do the same.

Is the Aft Pool on the Miracle still Adult only?? Some of the other ships have added the "Serenity" areas and no longer have an adult only pool. Thanks.

Pat,

It was adult-only last time I was on the Miracle, which was May of 2008. I can't say for sure that it still is unfortunately. What does "serenity" area mean? Is it a nicer way of saying no kids? Or maybe, only quiet, serene kids? :rolleyes: Hmm.

Maybe someone who has been on more recently can answer your question more accurately.

If you sail out of NYC be sure to be on the Starboard (right) side of the ship about 30 minutes after sailing. You will have a wonderful view of the Statue of Liberty.

Is that the starboard when you are looking toward the front or the back?

Is the Aft Pool on the Miracle still Adult only?? Some of the other ships have added the "Serenity" areas and no longer have an adult only pool. Thanks.

Yes, the Aft Pool on the Miracle is still Adults only:D A very nice, quite place to spend the day.

Anyone have kids in Camp Carnival? Thinking about the Miracle for next March 2011 spring break. My son will be 10. We just did the Glory and he loved it. Wondered if there was as much to do on the Miracle and the Glory.

Thanks

Can't speak to the other ports, but Aruba is absolutely the most beautiful port we have visited to date! It's been many years & we kept saying we'll go back some day soon, maybe even a land based vacation. We did a snorkel trip where they took us out to an old wreck, the mast stuck a foot or so out of the water & the water was so clear you could still see the rope coiled on the deck! That's definitely a place I would want to snorkel again.

Yeah, Aruba looks fantastic! I think we are going to buy some snorkel gear and bring it with us. I figure after 4 islands it should pay for itself. Was it a tour through the ship or private vendor?

Hi Palm-Breeze we are sailing on the Miracle 1-6-2011 I can not find anything on Catalina Island any place!!! If you find something will you post it! We too have school age kids going with us from 6 years thur 17years old and will miss some school. please post if you find anything and I will do the same.

I managed to find this on the ports of call board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1085141

http://www.dresseldivers.com/en/RepDom_PuntaCana_diving_excursions.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalina_Island,_Dominican_Republic

The last two links are thanks to alphakitty.

Is there any place in the adult area at the back of the ship to put your lounge chair after I have had enough sun? The rest of the group will be out for hours but I can only handle it for a short while. We have never been on this size of ship and are concerned that there will be no place to be in the sun and then pull my chair back under an overhang to get away from it when I need to.

I appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Is that the starboard when you are looking toward the front or the back?

Right side when you are facing the front of the ship.

You'll go right under the Verazanno (sp?) Bridge too- looks like you're not going to clear it for a minute! :eek:

But, of course, you do! :D

Is there any place in the adult area at the back of the ship to put your lounge chair after I have had enough sun? The rest of the group will be out for hours but I can only handle it for a short while. We have never been on this size of ship and are concerned that there will be no place to be in the sun and then pull my chair back under an overhang to get away from it when I need to.

I appreciate any help you can give me on this.

YES THERE IS AN OVERHANG ON BOTH SIDES WITH TABLES AND CHAIRS AND YOU CAN PULL A LOUNGE CHAIR UNDER THESE FOR SHADE WHEN THE SUN IS TOO STRONG. tHERE IS ALSO A POOL BAR THERE THAT HAS AN OVERHANG WITH TABLES AND CHAIRS-ALSO IN THE SHADE.

aNOTHER THING THAT MANY DONT KNOW ABOUT IS THE GREAT STEAM ROOM SAUNA WHIRLPOOL AND SHOWERS WITH LOCKERS THAT ARE FREE OF CHARGE IN THE SPA.

wE LOVE THE 24 HOUR ICE CREAM AND YOGURT MACHINES ON lIDO ALSO BESIDES THE 24 HOUR PIZZA.

Just got off the Miracle in mid Jan.We all had a ball !!! We booked again on her out of NYC on Sept 28th, Can`t wait. We were also on the Miracle in July 2008, love the ship!!! The crew is wonderful, the food couldn`t have been better. The pass 2 trips on her were wonderful, we all still talk about all the fun things that happened.We spent alot of time on the Lido deck, Frankie & Johnnies,Sam`s piano bar & alot of Karaoke.We can`t wait to do this all over again!!!Thank You Carnival for all the good memories!!! :D :) ;) :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ok cruisers that are cruising from NY keep us updated. I'm cruising in June and want to hear all the things about it.

Do they play music by the pool and what kind of music?

Are there any rough days going or coming back?

Anything new about the islands?

Any info about her cruising these new ports would be great.

How about capers ( I can't think of what they are calling them).

Getting excited so start posting....:D

Archived