Deal on Van through Dollar from Miami

teamkern

We are flying into Miami on March 27th for a cruise out of FLL on the 28th. We have a room booked at Hyatt Place in FLL the night before and have been going back and forth trying to figure out the best way to get from Miami to our hotel.

Dollar currently has a deal on a van for total cost of $60.42 (special code for the deal is 2com2). Wondering if people think renting is more convenient than grabbing a shuttle or taxi. Having a van will allow us to stop and shopt to pick up some last minute items for the cruise, although I think I can walk to those places from our hotel. Convenience is worth something to me as we will be traveling with our two kids.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Sounds like a deal:D - you get the flexibility you want and save a few dollars off of the $75-80 cab fare from MIA to FLL. For 4 of you travelling the rental van is surely cheaper than shuttle serivice. Good luck!:)

Been looking for rental deals for next week and was drawing absolute blanks. Nothing under $100. Even with an armfull of discount codes. Got it for same price as you.

I would say it is definitely worth it to answer your question. Even on price alone; shuttles with tips and taxes would be basically the same cost if you're two people, with kids you're saving money. Plus no need to worry about transport from airport to hotel....then possibly hotel back to where shuttle leaves from. Plus going to supper in neighbourhood of hotel, pit stops on trip, going at your pace and not waiting for shuttle.

I suggest you go for it...I know I am.

Thanks again.

Been looking for rental deals for next week and was drawing absolute blanks. Nothing under $100. Even with an armfull of discount codes. Got it for same price as you.

Glad I could help, and thanks for your input. I think we are going to book the van and go from there.

Archived