RCI Transatlantic 11/7/2010 BARCELONA TO HOUSTON

NobleandEdwinTX

You can purchase your airfare pretty cheap thru Royal Carribbean on their site. They are using a company called Choice Air....we got ours from Houston to Barcelona for $356.00 ow....it's a great deal... on the RCI site in the search blank.. type in Choice air and it will take you to a list..and move all the way down to where you see choice air and click on it...you will need you cruise confirmation info to access the air fares....

I'm considering signing up for this one. I noticed it is on the Gayribbean website. They don't have any details on it yet, but looks like they may be trying to put a gay group cruise together for this sailing. It would be nice to sail into Galveston and be 30 mins from home :)

Noble and Edwin,

My wife and I are going. We'll be flying out of Dallas on Nov 4th and staying two nights at the Hotel Continental in Barcelona. We have done the ecstacy twice including this past January. What day are y'all flying out?

Everyone,

There are several sites where if you book by Feb 28th, you get $200 off oceanview or higher. We used http://www.cruiseoutlet.com/ . That's per room, not per person, but you end up with a window for the price of an inside room. Hope you all sign up.

Dwayne and Carol

We are flying out the 4th also 2 have 2 days in Barcelona ...we know some people also at the Continental but we were not real impressed with the pictures or the reviews of it...so still looking for somewhere.....we are connecting in Paris on Air France...who are ya'll on??? Will be nice meeting ya'll when the time comes....Do you know anyone else on the cruise...we know 6 other people going......

We are flying out the 4th also 2 have 2 days in Barcelona ...we know some people also at the Continental but we were not real impressed with the pictures or the reviews of it...so still looking for somewhere.....we are connecting in Paris on Air France...who are ya'll on??? Will be nice meeting ya'll when the time comes....Do you know anyone else on the cruise...we know 6 other people going......

We are using my Advantage miles to fly American from DFW->JFK->BCN. We look forward to meeting you too. We don't know anyone personally on the cruise, but are meeting people through the forums. We are trying to get our best buds to go but it's looking doubtful.

Dwayne and Carol.

Hi All!

We're booked! Flying from LAX to LHR on Virgin, then catching an EasyJet to Barcelona. We'll be arriving in Barcelona on the 6th.

We are both in our early 30's and love to cruise!! Looking forward to it!

Curt & Brian

Welcome Curt & Brian,

Carol and I are in our mid 40s and also love to cruise. The two of you sure have been on a lot of cruises. This will be our 6th but our first Transatlantic. Do you know where you are staying in Barcelona yet? Perhaps, we can get a group together for dinner and/or drinks.

Dwayne and Carol

Welcome Curt & Brian,

Carol and I are in our mid 40s and also love to cruise. The two of you sure have been on a lot of cruises. This will be our 6th but our first Transatlantic. Do you know where you are staying in Barcelona yet? Perhaps, we can get a group together for dinner and/or drinks.

Dwayne and Carol

Hi Dwayne and Carol,

We have not decided on where we are going to stay. We've stayed at The Hotel Pulitzer in the past and really enjoyed it -- beautiful decor and great location. Rates are pretty cheap if you pull them up, directly on their site. They also offer a 15% discount if you book online.

Not sure what we'll do...still have some time. If we move ahead with something, I'll be sure to post to keep you informed!

Brian

I know someone on this cruise, but not me...if I can find cheap airfare, I'm in.

We found really cheap air via "ChoiceAir", an option available to you once you have a booking/reservation number thru RCCL. You just follow the link on their website,type in your reservation number, it it allows you to search for flights. We found the site offered VERY good airfares, which was a big reason why we decided to book this cruise.

Curt and I are flying from LAX to London for $286 per person, including tax/fees. That's so cheap! We are then grabbing a cheap EasyJet flight from London to Barcelona.

What airport would you be flying out off?

I told him about "choice air" before but he never updated anything to whether or not he checked into it??? We used them and got Houston to Barcelona for $356.00 it's a great deal....Look forward to meeting ya'll ...we are going to get to Barcelona on the 5Nov so maybe we can all get together and meet before the cruise....We have 6 other friends from Houston coming also so it should be a fun group.....

But have been to BCN a couple of times on Atlantis trips...

Lots of people stay at the Hotel Axel....

We prefer the Gallery Hotel...very close to all things gay, and very close to Las Ramblas, and the Paseo de Gracia...(sp?)...

Right on the main bus line, too, so you can get all around town...

we've never been ...still looking for a place to stay...I know some people are staying at the continental but from the pics on the internet it doesn't look like our cup of tea. so we are still looking...any recommendations??? Where are ya'll staying....I'm gonna look into the ones miamispartan put on here....

But have been to BCN a couple of times on Atlantis trips...

Lots of people stay at the Hotel Axel....

We prefer the Gallery Hotel...very close to all things gay, and very close to Las Ramblas, and the Paseo de Gracia...(sp?)...

Right on the main bus line, too, so you can get all around town...

As far the GALLERY hotel how far is it off the Las Ramblas and is it centrally located to the museums and other tourist attractions?? I can't tell from lookin on their web site ....Thanks

As far the GALLERY hotel how far is it off the Las Ramblas and is it centrally located to the museums and other tourist attractions?? I can't tell from lookin on their web site ....Thanks

It's within a half block to Las Ramblas, (closer to L'Example) than to the old town), and a half block to the other street which is home to all the upscale shops and a few Gaudi buildings.

The bus line takes you to ALL the museums....

It is still an easy walk to all the funky parts of Las Ramblas....just not sure you would want to stay down there....

L'Example is the gayborhood there, altho the whole town is very gay friendly...

It's within a half block to Las Ramblas, (closer to L'Example) than to the old town), and a half block to the other street which is home to all the upscale shops and a few Gaudi buildings.

The bus line takes you to ALL the museums....

It is still an easy walk to all the funky parts of Las Ramblas....just not sure you would want to stay down there....

L'Example is the gayborhood there, altho the whole town is very gay friendly...

I really appreciate your info...helps alot...we are going with several straight couples so we don't have to stay in the gay area but really a nice place that is not overly priced....I have read that the las ramblas is full of pickpockets...and the south end is prostitutes.....so far The Gallery hotel looks pretty good to me..good price...do you have any other recommendations for while we are there..things we shouldnt miss or must do's???

I really appreciate your info...helps alot...we are going with several straight couples so we don't have to stay in the gay area but really a nice place that is not overly priced....I have read that the las ramblas is full of pickpockets...and the south end is prostitutes.....so far The Gallery hotel looks pretty good to me..good price...do you have any other recommendations for while we are there..things we shouldnt miss or must do's???

Well, obviously all of the Gaudi buildings are a must see....

The bus line will take you past all of them, and several are within a nice walk...

You still have to go to the lower part of Las Ramblas, but just keep an eye on the surroundings....there is a great market down there where you will see foods you never thought were edible!

:eek:

If you are a sports fan, try to get to a Barca football game....

GREAT restaurants and bars on just about every corner....the city comes alive at night!

We've stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer twice....Oct 08 and Aug 09. Great hotel. Just google it and check out there website...they have a pretty good deal right now with 15% off rates if you book early....works out to around $125 US dollars/night. Great location and within walking distance to the gay area, if you choose.

Another option is the Hotel Jazz...another hotel a friend of ours stayed...I did not see the rooms, but it was a block from our hotel and was updated, modern, and clean.

If you want to splurge, Hotel 1898 is nice. Its right on Las Ramblas....we went there one night and had a couple bottles of wine at their roof top bar...overlooked the City. Was nice...lobby was beautiful....bathrooms gorgeous...well, you know....you can tell what the rooms would be like by just spending a night at there bar and using the bathrooms. lol

Dont bother with the Hotel Axel. Another friend was dead set on staying in the "gay area" and booked there. The rooms were extremely small, the bathrooms were average...and it was overpriced for what you got. I went over there to meet him when I landed on back in Oct 08 and was not impressed.

I'd go with Pulitzer for around $125 a night if I was you. You can check out my review, along with candid pics, on TripAdvisor.com. I'm BSM9034 on their.

I have made my reservation for this cruise. the price is just too good to pass up. I will be traveling as a single, but will be going with my good friends and neighbors Bob and Janis.

Live in downtown San Diego

Welcome aboad! What day do you arrive in Barcelona?

Dwayne and Carol.

Archived