RCI Transatlantic 11/7/2010 BARCELONA TO HOUSTON

NobleandEdwinTX

We've stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer twice....Oct 08 and Aug 09. Great hotel. Just google it and check out there website...they have a pretty good deal right now with 15% off rates if you book early....works out to around $125 US dollars/night. Great location and within walking distance to the gay area, if you choose.

Another option is the Hotel Jazz...another hotel a friend of ours stayed...I did not see the rooms, but it was a block from our hotel and was updated, modern, and clean.

If you want to splurge, Hotel 1898 is nice. Its right on Las Ramblas....we went there one night and had a couple bottles of wine at their roof top bar...overlooked the City. Was nice...lobby was beautiful....bathrooms gorgeous...well, you know....you can tell what the rooms would be like by just spending a night at there bar and using the bathrooms. lol

Dont bother with the Hotel Axel. Another friend was dead set on staying in the "gay area" and booked there. The rooms were extremely small, the bathrooms were average...and it was overpriced for what you got. I went over there to meet him when I landed on back in Oct 08 and was not impressed.

I'd go with Pulitzer for around $125 a night if I was you. You can check out my review, along with candid pics, on TripAdvisor.com. I'm BSM9034 on their.

The Hotel Pulitzer looks pretty nice and a good location....this might be the one...gotta check with a couple others to see if it's ok with them.

I have made my reservation for this cruise. the price is just too good to pass up. I will be traveling as a single, but will be going with my good friends and neighbors Bob and Janis.

Live in downtown San Diego

Welcome....When are you flying in?? and where are you staying , do you know yet????

I have made my reservation for this cruise. the price is just too good to pass up. I will be traveling as a single, but will be going with my good friends and neighbors Bob and Janis.

Live in downtown San Diego

Welcome to the Roll Call!

I believe Curt has been correpsonding with Janis in regards to transportation from Galveston to HOU. We're arranging transportation to Hobby for those who want to take it as we found it was best to organize a big group, as opposed to booking individual arrangements.

We've posted info on the regular roll call; check it out if you are interested and let Curt know.

Brian

You can add a couple more, myself Bob and a friend Al are looking at the cruise

Great. Hope you guys end up booking it. And, don't let the airfare scare you...we got a great deal on Virgin Atlantic out of LAX via ChoiceAir. (I know I've posted about this, but just wanted to let you guys know.)

4 more of us are thinking about it..a lwsbian couple and me and my ex,still great friends 8 yrs afer breakup..we are in our late 40's early 50's..we will look into the airfare on rccl's site...we all live in fort worth,texas:cool:

4 more of us are thinking about it..a lwsbian couple and me and my ex,still great friends 8 yrs afer breakup..we are in our late 40's early 50's..we will look into the airfare on rccl's site...we all live in fort worth,texas:cool:

Welcome! It appears as if we are going to have a decent group on this sailing. The "regular" roll call is extremely active, too.

We finally booked a hotel. We decided on The Pulitzer Hotel. We paid in advance to lock in the exchange rate and got a really good deal. If anyone is looking for a hotel they still show rooms avail. It is centrally located and the reviews are pretty good..

We finally booked a hotel. We decided on The Pulitzer Hotel. We paid in advance to lock in the exchange rate and got a really good deal. If anyone is looking for a hotel they still show rooms avail. It is centrally located and the reviews are pretty good..

Nice. I'm pretty sure you guys will like that place and the location is, like you said, is perfect.

We just booked the Pulitzer as well. Canceling the reservation for the Continental. The Pulitzer looks much better.

I think you'll like it. It doesn't offer a free buffet, but part of the experience is getting out in Barcelona and trying a restaurant or two.

If you go to tripadvisor and pull up the pulitzer and look at the "candid pictures", you'll be able to check out several pictures I uploaded there of our room, bathroom, lobby, bar, etc. My username is bsm9034 on there.

Looks like a wonderful place. We do give up the convenience and ambiance of staying in the center of all the action. But we can't beat the price of using our miles. Looks like the metro will be easy to catch and get us anywhere we need to be for the 3 days. Looking forward to it.

I'm glad ya'll changed the Continental looked a little scary to me....Did you pay in advance so you could get the discount?? It's a great deal...There are 6 of us in our party staying there....We are really looking forward to it....I think it is number 16 in all the hotels in Barcelona......

I think you'll like it. It doesn't offer a free buffet, but part of the experience is getting out in Barcelona and trying a restaurant or two.

If you go to tripadvisor and pull up the pulitzer and look at the "candid pictures", you'll be able to check out several pictures I uploaded there of our room, bathroom, lobby, bar, etc. My username is bsm9034 on there.

Nice Pictures. It looks like a great place to stay.

Thanks,

Dwayne and Carol.

I'm glad ya'll changed the Continental looked a little scary to me....Did you pay in advance so you could get the discount?? It's a great deal...There are 6 of us in our party staying there....We are really looking forward to it....I think it is number 16 in all the hotels in Barcelona......

We paid and got the great rate. Thanks for telling us about it. It is actually less than the Continental was going to be.

Dwayne and Carol

Hi All,

We are Randy & Jonathan, early 50s and early 40s respectively, from Vancouver, BC. We are all booked and can't wait until November. We are flying British Airways on points from Vancouver to Heathrow then on to Barcelona. We arrive on November 4th and are just deciding where to stay. The Hotel Pulitzer looks very nice (thanks to your recommendations on here) so we are considering that hotel.

Cheers!

R & J

Hi All,

We are Randy & Jonathan, early 50s and early 40s respectively, from Vancouver, BC. We are all booked and can't wait until November. We are flying British Airways on points from Vancouver to Heathrow then on to Barcelona. We arrive on November 4th and are just deciding where to stay. The Hotel Pulitzer looks very nice (thanks to your recommendations on here) so we are considering that hotel.

Cheers!

R & J

Welcome Randy and Jonathan,

Carol and I celebrated our 20th anneversarry last year by taking an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver. Actually it was 2 cruises, Northbound and Southbound. We did get to see Vancouver and it is a beautiful city. If you do decide on the Pulitzer, you can get it cheaper by not using their website. We used hotels.com and the rate was $120/night but you can get that same rate at several sites.

Dwayne & Carol

HI Dwayne & Carol,

Thanks for the tip re. The Pulitzer. The cheaper the better :)

Randy

Welcome Randy and Jonathan,

Carol and I celebrated our 20th anneversarry last year by taking an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver. Actually it was 2 cruises, Northbound and Southbound. We did get to see Vancouver and it is a beautiful city. If you do decide on the Pulitzer, you can get it cheaper by not using their website. We used hotels.com and the rate was $120/night but you can get that same rate at several sites.

Dwayne & Carol

Booked the Pulitzer today using Expedia.ca It gave that same cheaper prepaid rate rate as hotels.com. It was still 88 Euros / $123.00 CAD.

Thanks again to everyone who recommened / suggested this hotel. :)

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everybody.....sure is quiet on here....has everybody got all of there plans taken care of for the cruise and all??????? We sure are looking forward to it.....

We have taken care of all plans except for getting ourselves from Galveston to Houston and then the flight from Houston to Vancouver. We cant wait to go either. :)

Randy & Jonathan

Cool.....looks like ya'll are pretty close to our ages...I'm 39 Noble and Edwin will be 50....have you looked into shuttle service to the airport??? Are you flying out of Intercontinental airport here in Houston???

Yes.. very close in ages. We have briefly looked at shuttles but nothing decided yet. We will most likely being flying out of Intercontinental. I dont know much about Hobby but even flights to Vancouver from Intercontinental arent good :(

Archived