Earliest flight out of Orlando

nikita

We will be taking our first Disney cruise next month and I haven't booked our transportation yet or flights. What is the earliest I could book a flight out of Orlando after debarkation. Would a 1:45pm flight work or is that too early? Do you suggest buying the transfers from Disney or better to take a taxi or shuttle to the airport? Are taxis readily available at the port? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer. There will be 2 of us (fyi).

We will be taking our first Disney cruise next month and I haven't booked our transportation yet or flights. What is the earliest I could book a flight out of Orlando after debarkation. Would a 1:45pm flight work or is that too early? Do you suggest buying the transfers from Disney or better to take a taxi or shuttle to the airport? Are taxis readily available at the port? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer. There will be 2 of us (fyi).

1:45 is a great time. That way you wont feel rushed at all. On debarkation day you need to be off the ship by 9 or 9:30, cant remember which so they can get ready for the next guests.

We usually get off around 7:30 a.m. right after the ship has been cleared by the port authorities.

we use Disneys own buses to go to the airport and they are sitting there ready to go. we just walkout and get right on. Usually 5 minutes and the bus is full and we are off to OIA. Its only 45 minutes ot an hour drive.

Now if you are checking luggage this gives plenty of time, but certain airlines work with Disney and Disney takes care of your lugage accept for yoru carry on. When you do that you will have time to kill before a 1:45 flight. Of course there are stores at the airport to browse through and have agood lunch before leaving.

we usually have an 11:30 to noon flight.

I have never really noticed but I am sure there are some taxis available where the hotel shuttles pick up people. For us it was just easier to use DCL transportation. I am sure it isnt any more expensive than a taxi would be for that distance. Probably cheaper. We just figure its vacation so using DCL means no stress and no worrying about if there is a taxi or not.

Have fun planning.

Kathy

Anytime after 12 noon is comfortable. As stated you have to get off the ship around 9 or 9:30 AM. You have to vacate your cabin by 8AM..

If you pre-check you luggage with DCL and you pay for transfers, its real simple. You will be at the airport early enough to go thru security and have a nice lunch or snack before your flight. Have fun.

last 2 times we cruised on DCL we were walking off the ship about 7 - 7:30am.

If you take the DCL bus they handle your luggage so all you have to do is get off the ship and see the customs person and you can get going.

If you don't want to take the bus I'd get a shuttle or rent a car. Taxi is expensive.

Bill

How do they handle your luggage? Do they check it through to your destination or just to the airport? I am elite on our airline and shouldn't get charged the luggage fees and I'm afraid if they check it without me there I will be charged. Just curious as to how this works. Thanks.

How do they handle your luggage? Do they check it through to your destination or just to the airport? I am elite on our airline and shouldn't get charged the luggage fees and I'm afraid if they check it without me there I will be charged. Just curious as to how this works. Thanks.

Yes it goes from the ship to your final destination. We flew on JetBlue where the 1st bag was free so I don't know how they would work it with being an elite member with an airline.

Knowing Disney that has all been worked out somehow.

Bill

Archived