Barcelona New Years Eve

BJDownUnder

Hi all

Were taking the Norwegian Jade out of Barcelona on the 2nd Jan 2011

Thus we will be in Barcelona for New Years Eve 2011

Anyone have any thoughts on what to-do or where to find information on what might be on NYE.

Being from Sydney, we usually do a dinner cruise around the harbour of NYE, but haven’t been able to find anything similar for Barcelona

Any help would be much appreciated

The only Spanish tradition I know for New Years is to have 12 grapes and eat them counting down to the new year.

I'd go to Trip Advisor in their Barcelona forum and ask the folks that live there what they do to celebrate. I think it is a family type evening though , in Spain.

I celebrate in family or with friends but, anyway there is a lot of people in Plaça Catalunya and Las Ramblas, but there are a lot of controls to avoid people carring cristal botels and so on that coud make in danger people when broken.

Besides, most hotels organices something and theaters stop at midnight to celebrate the coming year with Cava (our wonderful sparkling wine, when are not the cheapest...)

I do not remember, but I think that people even goes to the beach at night to jump some wawes... or that is in the Canary Islands, to have good luck in the coming year.

Hi All

The feedback from Barcelona Tourism was that it is too early to get detail for NYE 2010/2011. They were nice enough to send me a copy of their 2009 New Years Eve guide as a planning tool. It’s basically a list of restaurants that sell tickets to NYE parties, with website details etc

For the list see http://aussiecruisefanatic.wordpress.com

Cheers

Archived