Atlantis Aquaventure -- direct vs. excursion

JohnMI

So -- I'm hoping someone (scubagirrl?) can clarify something for me...

Basically, if you buy the excursion package offered through the cruise line (Carnival, in my case) are you guaranteed a pass to Aquaventure? I've asked this to Atlantis via email a couple of times, but all I get is a generic response that Atlantis does not presale ANY tickets and that if the hotel is full, they they will not be available.

That does nothing to answer the question about excursion packages. I am ASSUMING that if you reverse an excursion package via Carnival, then the Aquaventure passes WILL be available, right? In other words, if I go to carnival.com today and reserve an Aquaventure excursion for my trip at the end of the month, then I WILL get a pass, correct? Regardless of the hotel's situation that day?

Or is it really a situation where you buy the excursion but then might get there and discover that no Aquaventure passes are left (and get a refund) or something? I assume that is NOT the case, right?

We would much rather just go on our own to Atlantis and buy passes there -- we don't WANT to do have to wait for the group to get together and then wait through a tour. But, I'm concerned that Atlantis may be sold out of passes -- and, therefore, I'm willing to do it through the Carnival excursion in order to guarantee a spot if we have to.

Also, that being said, can anyone detail exactly how things work if you do book the excursion through Carnival? I assume everyone gathers at some time off ship then busses over and does the tour, right? Would it be possible, at the start time, to just go "Thanks, but we'd rather skip the tour, can we just have our Aquaventure passes now?" Or would that not work?

Thanks!!

- John...

So -- I'm hoping someone (scubagirrl?) can clarify something for me...

Basically, if you buy the excursion package offered through the cruise line (Carnival, in my case) are you guaranteed a pass to Aquaventure? I've asked this to Atlantis via email a couple of times, but all I get is a generic response that Atlantis does not presale ANY tickets and that if the hotel is full, they they will not be available.

That does nothing to answer the question about excursion packages. I am ASSUMING that if you reverse an excursion package via Carnival, then the Aquaventure passes WILL be available, right? In other words, if I go to carnival.com today and reserve an Aquaventure excursion for my trip at the end of the month, then I WILL get a pass, correct? Regardless of the hotel's situation that day?

Or is it really a situation where you buy the excursion but then might get there and discover that no Aquaventure passes are left (and get a refund) or something? I assume that is NOT the case, right?

We would much rather just go on our own to Atlantis and buy passes there -- we don't WANT to do have to wait for the group to get together and then wait through a tour. But, I'm concerned that Atlantis may be sold out of passes -- and, therefore, I'm willing to do it through the Carnival excursion in order to guarantee a spot if we have to.

Also, that being said, can anyone detail exactly how things work if you do book the excursion through Carnival? I assume everyone gathers at some time off ship then busses over and does the tour, right? Would it be possible, at the start time, to just go "Thanks, but we'd rather skip the tour, can we just have our Aquaventure passes now?" Or would that not work?

Thanks!!

- John...

There are NO guarantees in life. Not even with a paid tour.

But the chances are better with the Cruiseline than if you appeared same day on a day they are "sold out".

In case for some reason Carnival tours were cancelled, I'm sure carnival would be told ahead of time and you would have time to book something else.

Carnival holds a "block" of passes and coordinates with Atlantis in advance, but there have been some occasions where the water park was CLOSED altogther for a photo shoot or some such nonsense, so no passes were sold. This is RARE. Carnival would be notified before you came into port. Carnival may have a limited # of passes on some of the heavy days.

Timing on when you get you passes depends on your tour guide. Some give them at as you leave the ship. Some when you arrive at atlantis.

All you can do is ask.

You don't have to wait til the end of the tour.

I have been wondering the same thing. I know alot of people do the room at Comfort Suites to get access to Atlantis for less. But how do you get to the Comfort Suites? There would be between 5 and 13 of us. Thanks!

Comfort Suites is a short 10 minute cab ride from the dock. It's located across the street from the Coral Towers at Atlantis.. $5pp for the cab.

Comfort Suites allows a maximum of 4 ppl to a room, so you would need anywere from 2 - 4 rooms for your group depending on how many actually go. Plus all the surcharges, taxes and fees associated with the room (read the fine print on the website).

There are NO guarantees in life. Not even with a paid tour.

But the chances are better with the Cruiseline than if you appeared same day on a day they are "sold out".

Thanks for the info -- I FINALLY get a reasonable response from Atlantis. They did confirm that if you do an excursion arranged through the cruise line, then the passes ARE pre-reserved and are basically guaranteed (except for normal things that would close it for everyone -- such as a storm or something).

So, as I assumed and as you confirmed. Thanks!

Timing on when you get you passes depends on your tour guide. Some give them at as you leave the ship. Some when you arrive at atlantis.

All you can do is ask.

You don't have to wait til the end of the tour.

Ok -- that'll be the main thing. If we do it, we'll now probably do it through Carnival just to be guaranteed a pass -- and then talk to the guide and see if we can just get the passes (and food voucher -- since the non-food ones appear to be sold out or not available for our cruise date) and just go without the group.

- John...

Thanks for the info -- I FINALLY get a reasonable response from Atlantis. They did confirm that if you do an excursion arranged through the cruise line, then the passes ARE pre-reserved and are basically guaranteed (except for normal things that would close it for everyone -- such as a storm or something).

So, as I assumed and as you confirmed. Thanks!

Ok -- that'll be the main thing. If we do it, we'll now probably do it through Carnival just to be guaranteed a pass -- and then talk to the guide and see if we can just get the passes (and food voucher -- since the non-food ones appear to be sold out or not available for our cruise date) and just go without the group.

- John...

We have been looking at this through Carnival as well. We did the tour last time and really just want to do the waterpark. Do you happen to know the hours of the slides and water attractions? I have looked online and cannot find this information. Thanks!

We have been looking at this through Carnival as well. We did the tour last time and really just want to do the waterpark. Do you happen to know the hours of the slides and water attractions? I have looked online and cannot find this information. Thanks!

In the summer months the aquapark slides/rides are open from 10am - 6:30pm Pools close at 7.

In the winter monthsd they open at 10am and close around 4:30pm for the slides/ 5pm for the pools

If the Dream is only in Nassau from 8-2 and the water park opens at 10 in the summer....well how long are we able to stay 10-1? Three hours for 150$$ seems outrageous... anyone with opinions/suggestions....Really wanted to do the water park but not for just 3 hours.

Wende

• 1 month later...

[We finished our first cruise earlier this month, and I'm now going through any threads that I had asked questions in to give an after-the-cruise followup...]

We did the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion through Carnival (to guarantee us passes in case they were out for the day). To answer my questions from before for anyone in the future that might be interested/searching: Basically, right outside the ship, they put your wristband on you and give you the vouchers for lunch. It didn't take long for the bus to arrive. To be honest, if we had wanted to, we could have just walked off right there and taken a water taxi over immediately and been fine for the day. But, again, the bus was quick -- so we didn't worry about it.

Once there, the "tour" was very quick -- it was just pointing things out to look at later. They did NOT take us through aquariums or anything else that I feel would have wasted too much of our time. That is what I was originally concerned about. So, it was just a quick walk-through to point out where things were and then we were off on our own. So, plenty of time to be there for the day (in fact, we did all we wanted and left when we were ready and didn't feel rushed at all).

Great time at Atlantis! Thanks to those that responded here with tips and help!

- John...

I have the same question ERWENDE! We'll only be in port 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Water attractions don't open until 10. Is it worth the cost? Is there really time? I assume we'd need to leave Atlantis at 1 to get back to the ship. Has anyone done this with this time constraint?

• 3 months later...
I have the same question ERWENDE! We'll only be in port 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Water attractions don't open until 10. Is it worth the cost? Is there really time? I assume we'd need to leave Atlantis at 1 to get back to the ship. Has anyone done this with this time constraint?

That's just what I'm trying to determine right now! We'll be on the Oasis in the Fall and would like to take our 10 and 11 year olds on the Aquaventure excursion through RCI. It'll cost us $500, however, and we are only in port from 7 am-2 pm. With the all-aboard being, presumably, before 2 pm and the water park not open until 10 am, I'm just not sure if it's going to be worth it this time...

In the summer months the aquapark slides/rides are open from 10am - 6:30pm Pools close at 7.

In the winter monthsd they open at 10am and close around 4:30pm for the slides/ 5pm for the pools

Is Aug. 24th considered the summer or winter season?

We are in the same boat:) On Oasis of the seas, in nassau july 18, 2010, from 7-2pm. Kids want to do atlantis. The tour from the Oasis meets up at 8:15am to take the water taxi to atlantis. I figure we will be there and at waterpark by 9:00am.

I think someone said the pools open at 9:00am? Waterpark at 10:00am? If so is 3 hours enough of the waterpark?

We have 6 teens, that is $870.00 bucks! But they really want to go.

I think we would have a total of 4 hours at atlantis, including pool time?

Any suggestions...help.

rachel

• 3 years later...
[We finished our first cruise earlier this month, and I'm now going through any threads that I had asked questions in to give an after-the-cruise followup...]

We did the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion through Carnival (to guarantee us passes in case they were out for the day). To answer my questions from before for anyone in the future that might be interested/searching: Basically, right outside the ship, they put your wristband on you and give you the vouchers for lunch. It didn't take long for the bus to arrive. To be honest, if we had wanted to, we could have just walked off right there and taken a water taxi over immediately and been fine for the day. But, again, the bus was quick -- so we didn't worry about it.

Once there, the "tour" was very quick -- it was just pointing things out to look at later. They did NOT take us through aquariums or anything else that I feel would have wasted too much of our time. That is what I was originally concerned about. So, it was just a quick walk-through to point out where things were and then we were off on our own. So, plenty of time to be there for the day (in fact, we did all we wanted and left when we were ready and didn't feel rushed at all).

Great time at Atlantis! Thanks to those that responded here with tips and help!

- John...

John - Thanks for the tip on getting your wristbands when you get off the bus. Our family is taking a Carnival Cruise and we are in port from 10AM -7AM the next day. Once you get your wristband, which is the quickest way to the lockers?

Wow! This thread is actually 4 years old. I have to admit that I don't remember any more, sorry.

Basically, we got the wristbands when we got off the ship while we waited for the van to arrive. It did not take long and we were there pretty quickly -- and, as I said, the tour was quick just to show us around. So, if it were me, I'd just do the same thing again -- wait for the van, ride over, get the quick tour, and be all set to enjoy the day.

If the tour started going through the actual aquarium stuff or anything, I'd just tell the tour person that we'd rather do that later and just get to the fun now and ask her to point you to the lockers.

But, again, it's been 4 years, so I don't remember the details quite so well, sorry! :)

- John...