Innoculations required to cruise, what ports?

NH Cruisers

I am about two weeks away from cruising down to Belize and Roatan. I am under the impression I wont need any innoculations. What ports are they required in and what innoculations are they?

11 cruises and many different ports and have never been required to get any.:D

I am about two weeks away from cruising down to Belize and Roatan. I am under the impression I wont need any innoculations. What ports are they required in and what innoculations are they?

If you WERE required to get immunizations, two weeks is almost not enough time - so be glad that you don't need them. One suggestion: given the places you have named, make CERTAIN you have bug spray. Along with other stuff, the mosquitoes can carry bot fly larvae. You DON'T want to mess with that.:eek:

When you arrive in Mexico a Tequila Shot is required...by the local authorities...:D

If you to to Panama and tour the rain forest/jumgle areas, then you should get a Yellow Fever shot, but otherwise not an issue.

No innoculations required.........however you will not be able to give blood for year.

Wait 12 months after travel in an area where malaria is found. Wait 3 years after living in a country or countries where malaria is found. Belize and Honduras are on this list.

Dave

Archived