My Time Dining Question??

I will be boarding Freedom of the Seas in a few months and have signed up for My Time Dining. Is it possible to make reservations for My Time Dining now or can this only be done on board?

Either way, it's your choice.

We're doing our fist cruise 3/21 and signed up for MTD as well. I tried to reserve our first night dinner on-line and kept getting an error saying 'this feature is not available on your cruise' or something to that effect. I called RCI and was told that we have to wait until we board the ship to reserve our timeslots. Not sure if it was just a misinformed rep though?

I just booked Liberty for July & when I booked they asked if I wanted 1st or 2nd seating. I kinda forgot that MTD way available & we've only ever done 2nd seating. I guess it's a preference for each family, but I'd love to hear some pros & cons on the subject...

No need to reserve on line, if it's even available. There will be a person available in the restaurant during certain morning and early afternoon hours if you want to make reservations for that evening. You can also make reservations on the previous night during your dinner for the following evening. And for the most part, you can just show up at any time you want (the real purpose of MTD) and you will usually be seated on the spot or perhaps wait few minutes but nothing to worry about. That was our experience on the last cruise. We also got the same waiter every night, just by coincidence. even though we dined at different times. He was great. He worked the same section that we always got our 2 person table every night. We preferred the 2 person table and that was our only request every night. That doesn't mean we didn't talk to other passengers. In fact we became cruise friends with another couple that ended up sitting at the next table over from us on 2 out of 4 nights. But it's so nice knowing that that we didn't need to prepare ourselves to converse with others during our dinner, but we could only when we chose to.

We loved it and we will always do MTD from now on. I can't think of one reason why we shouldn't do it again.

We did the Mine Time Dining this past week on Liberty. The staff encourages reservations to help them plan (in fact, one afternoon they called us in our cabin to ask what time we wanted!). However, we only made reservations the first night, then just showed up when we wanted to eat after that. We never had to wait for a table.

We enjoyed the flexibility of being able to go to the dining room any time between 6:00 and 9:30pm

We just got off Freedom on Sunday and did MTD for the first time. We LOVED it. We did not make any reservations. The only day we had to wait was the first formal night - and then it was only about 10 minutes. We sat in the same area almost every evening. We went as early as 6:00 and as late as 7:30.

We did MTD on the Splendour. The special MTD-planner is on a desk in front of the MDR several hours a day in the morning, the afternoon and the evening. We made reservations on our way off the ship in the morning for our port day, and always requested the largest table possible (8 or 10). By that time you normally have an idea what time you will be coming back on the ship and what time the show and other activities will be on. One night we reserved for 8.30, but we returned to the ship early and by 6 o'clock we were so hungry that we went to the planner, and he was very flexible and got us a table straight away. You can show up without reservations, but on our ship MTD was extremely popular and most people seemed to be reserving the night before or in the morning. Especially if you have special wishes such as a certain time, or a table with certain people or a table for two it can be advisable.

Archived