Cozumel-What to do?

Alan & Lin

We will be cruising in a week on the Triumph and have been to Cozumel several times. We are looking for something to do besides the Carnival tours, maybe a clean beach close by or shopping (12 year old likes crafts). Have been to Chaakanaab Park a couple times, looking for something different.

Thanks

We were just at Paradise Beach Club this weekend and had an excellent time. Good recommendation! Ask for Martin or Juan and maybe you will be lucky enough to get some Windex shots!

We had a great tour guide/taxi driver named Dario Vera (dariosantiagovera@yahoo.com.mx). I was in Cozumel with 3 friends a couple of weeks ago and we ended up with him randomly. I went back with 3 other friends this week on another cruise and we reserved him by email in advance.

We set up a 3 hour tour with a stop at Paradise Beach for Margaritas and ended up keeping him for 7 hours. We had an excellent time. He has a beautiful 14 person van but will take a smaller group if you request it. He can arrange anything you want: snorkeling, beach break, horseback riding, Mayan Ruins, Shopping, city tour, island drive- you name it. The first group I was with asked to go to an authentic Mexican restaurant where the locals eat. He took us to his sister's restaurant which is in the living room of her home. His two sisters were cooking and invited us into the kitchen to see what they were making etc. We met his sisters, his nephew and his twin brother. It was exactly what we were looking for.

Archived