CHRIS Tour/Taxi???

lbaerg

We had a good time with Chris. Being combined with a larger group (we were 2, and they were 5) did make it seem like we were part of their tour, but that only became an issue at the end when they wanted to end the tour early.

Anyway, Chris does really know the island. He showed us great stuff. It was cool how pretty much every plant was a spice or fruit we knew (well, not every one, but you get the idea). Him stopping and getting us bananas right from the tree was a highlight.

So, good tour - it was a little bit of a bummer to be combined with another group, but all in all, good time.

Paulanddarnell - We have him booked for a private tour in March (2 people) - Did he just combine you at the pier? Or did he let you know in advance? Thanks

He did call us before. I emailed him about two weeks before to confirm. He emailed me back and asked for my number. Then, he called me. He changed up our tour a bit, but we were flexible. He kept most of our requests and added a couple of theirs. It was cheaper because we had a bigger group. It was a great tour!

• 2 months later...

We had a wonderfull day with Chris in March. It was our second time we went with him. Again, we had a very nice private tour: Chris drives very carefully and slow enough to enjoy. He tells you alot about Grenada which is a very nice, green island.

We added an our for a stop at Morne Rouge. Nice and calm beach.

If we can come back to Grenade we would surely book him again without hezitation.

Hello,

I recently had Chris as a tour guide for a small group.

We were paying per hour.

At the beginning he was nice enough, explaining things as we were driving along. But we started to notice he was taking us on isolated roads with very little traffic. His commentary became less and less. At times we were driving for 20-30minutes between stops without a word being said from him.

We felt like he was just trying to fill in time to earn the hourly rate.

Even when we asked him to return us to the ship he took us on the longest route he could. No longer was he nice and friendly. He didn't say a word and neither did we for fear of being abandoned.

I was never so happy to see a cruise ship.

I booked this tour with Chris because of the good reviews I saw on both Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. Everyone has their own opinion but I (and everyone else in my group) certainly would not recommend Chris to anyone I know or care about.

Gilgorm

We just got off a great tour with Chris in Grenada. I organized the tour on our roll call and there were 20 of us. Even though the day was overcast with a little drizzle we got to see most of the sights and spend a few minutes at the beach. Chris was very personalble. He clearly knows a lot about his island and loves to show it to you. I would suggest that people communicate early with Chris and do what I did by organizing a group on your roll call. He worked very well with me and was able to take any size group. I was on the Emerald Princess which only spends half a day in Grenada so we could not see as much as I would have liked but we did spend almost five hours with Chris and the $35 pp was a bargain.

• 3 weeks later...

I was part of the above tour and my friends and I also highly recommend Chris!

Chris arranged for a clean and modern bus to accomodate the group and structured the tour to our request to allow for longer time at the end for a stop at the beach, however, the weather did not cooperate with our plans. Chris also provided a cooler of refreshments, with plenty of choices for all.

I also agree that this tour was a great value for the cost of $35 per person - with an extra $4 seperate for admission to the fortress ($2) and spice tour ($2). We loved our time with Chris, excellent tour guide, well spoken english, used a microphone for all to hear his explanations.

• 9 months later...
I was part of the above tour and my friends and I also highly recommend Chris!

Chris arranged for a clean and modern bus to accomodate the group and structured the tour to our request to allow for longer time at the end for a stop at the beach, however, the weather did not cooperate with our plans. Chris also provided a cooler of refreshments, with plenty of choices for all.

I also agree that this tour was a great value for the cost of $35 per person - with an extra $4 seperate for admission to the fortress ($2) and spice tour ($2). We loved our time with Chris, excellent tour guide, well spoken english, used a microphone for all to hear his explanations.

Do you have Chris' contact information or other sources of touring suggestions. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

When we were on Grenada in 2004 for a couple of days before a Windjammer cruise (jeez I miss them!) we had a great tour with Mandoo that I have recommended to others. But in planning a recent cruise to the Caribbean I decided to change things up a bit and, so based on reviews on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor I decided to book us with Chris instead.

We were traveling with another couple, so our tour was to be sort of 'customized' for the four of us. Unfortunately our daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer just before our cruise was to leave, so we had to cancel (2 1/2 weeks from diagnosis to surgery!). Thank goodness for trip insurance!!!

As I type our daughter is home recovering from her mastectomy and I just got an email from our our traveling companions who completed their tour with Chris today...and they could NOT have been more pleased. They simply said AMAZING!

So I just wanted to thank all those that posted good things about Chris that prompted us to book with him, and to let anyone that might be considering him to go for it!

He has even called me twice to check on the status of our daughter...VERY thoughtful :D

This is his email address; Chris Buckmire <christours@hotmail.com>

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

We visited Grenada, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 on the Caribbean Princess 7 am - 2pm. My husband and I had been to Grenada before and wanted to do something besides the average cruise ship tour. After surfing the Internet I contacted Chris Buckmire at Chris Taxi and Tours http://www.grenadaexplorer.com/chris or christours@hotmail.com. Chris put together a $120, 5 hours tour for the two of us, not knowing if there were going to be 2, 4. 6 or 8 people. Two of the other three couples decided to join us so the price was reduced to $45pp and Chris provided a private van for the six of us. The only thing missing may have been refreshments and drinks. His customized tour included the west coast of Grenada displaying features that are very specific to Grenada. As we traveled Chris pointed out the vegetation, papaya trees, nutmeg trees, etc. At Concord Falls he actually opened a nutmeg seed and explained the different layers and their use. He did the same with the chocolate plant and allowed us to sample the chocolate in it's raw form. The highlight may have been the Gouyave Nutmeg Station where we all purchased fresh spices (nutmeg, saffron, etc) or maybe it was the Mona Monkies or the Grand Estang Lake. Chris planned this tour in a top notch fashion which allowed for an amazing day in Grenada and it just seemed to get better and better. At the Belevedre Banana Plantation Chris told us about the various type of bananas and the difference between them and demonstrated the banana pod and how the bananas grow from it. This island had some of the most beautiful and colorful flowers of all the islands we visited. Chris did a wonderful job of showing us his beautiful island - Grenada. There were two cruise ship docks in the town of St. George and Chris did a wonderful job monitoring and keeping us informed as to where the Caribbean Princess would dock on our arrival and where he would meet us. Chris called us at home to confirm our plans as well as to discuss his liking of the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Cowboys. He is a wonderful guy and so accommodating. Hope he liked the Cowboy T-shirt we took to him. Chris is very knowledgeable about Grenada, his explanations are done with very good English and he turned this tour into an educational experience not just a cruise ship tour. I would highly recommend christours.

Archived