waiting-countdown to boarding the Veendam

CJcruzer

finally we are in Buenos Aires, and I am going to sleep tonight dreaming of my bread pudding with vanilla sauce, chocolate extravaganza night, the thermal suite and and Indonesian teas and.....on and on and on - it will be good to be on a "dam" ship again!

Carol

Did you have too print all your documents, or do they send you a nice little blue case? Enjoy your fun around the horn, this is another one of those that we dream of, have fun at ports of call they seem to be the best itinerary by far.

my cousin lives in Pittsburgh and we received an e-mail pic from her right before we left - yard stick stuck into the snow measuring 23-1/2 inches!

This time we had e-mail docs, no blue case, no satin chinese style case, but that´s fine, I have quite a few from previous trips...since I do a lot of pre-planning and private excursions, I carry a plastic file folder for docs anyway........

I jusr packed some clear packing tape to wrap around the paper printed-off HAL luggage tags, so they remain intact.

Carol

my cousin lives in Pittsburgh and we received an e-mail pic from her right before we left - yard stick stuck into the snow measuring 23-1/2 inches!

This time we had e-mail docs, no blue case, no satin chinese style case, but that´s fine, I have quite a few from previous trips...since I do a lot of pre-planning and private excursions, I carry a plastic file folder for docs anyway........

I jusr packed some clear packing tape to wrap around the paper printed-off HAL luggage tags, so they remain intact.

Carol

We live just southeast of Pittsburgh and we got more than 23 1/2 inches of snow.

And more is on the way!!

Bon Voyage -- enjoy your cruise.

My DH (don carlos) and I have been following Captain Albert's blog. We find this most interesting because we were on Rotterdam in 2008 for the South America cruise (Rio to Santiago) and vistited many of the same ports Veendam is now visiting.

We're also interested because we'll be on Veendam in a few months for the inaugural NYC to Bermuda trip. We've traveled on Veendam a number of times before. In fact, we met on her, December 2004. :D We haven't been on her since the "upgrades," so we're interested in hearing about the pros and cons of the changes that have been made.

Happy sailing to all! :)

Archived