No Stateroom Available to Select

HouseRulz

I should be upfront first and say that I have already booked the 3/27 sailing on the Eurodam with a VH Guarantee. But pretend I didn't! ;)

I noticed that an assortment of online agents show availability in all Veranda categories. However, on none of them can you select an actual stateroom (or even get a Stateroom #) in categories VT, VF, VE, or VD. Only if you select VC, VB, VA, VQ or V does the option to select a stateroom (or get an actual number assigned) show up.

So...

Does this mean that VT, F, E, and D are all full and they are willing to still sell the guarantees in those categories to fill the ship. Or does this mean that there are cabins open in those categories, but at this late date they aren't letting folks pick their cabin number unless they are willing to spend enough to get a VC or better?

Of course I am interested because I was trying to use a trick I read about on the boards to see how many cabins are open in various categories.

Thoughts?

I should be upfront first and say that I have already booked the 3/27 sailing on the Eurodam with a VH Guarantee. But pretend I didn't! ;)

I noticed that an assortment of online agents show availability in all Veranda categories. However, on none of them can you select an actual stateroom (or even get a Stateroom #) in categories VT, VF, VE, or VD. Only if you select VC, VB, VA, VQ or V does the option to select a stateroom (or get an actual number assigned) show up.

So...

Does this mean that VT, F, E, and D are all full and they are willing to still sell the guarantees in those categories to fill the ship. Or does this mean that there are cabins open in those categories, but at this late date they aren't letting folks pick their cabin number unless they are willing to spend enough to get a VC or better?

Of course I am interested because I was trying to use a trick I read about on the boards to see how many cabins are open in various categories.

Thoughts?

Based on past experience, you could probably come up with a few answers which would look like: maybe, probably, sometines, reserve for Pinnacle Grill as early as possible or all or none of the above. Who knows?

We are booked on a cruise in which there have never been specific cabins available; they are guarantee only. Balconies could only be booked as BB guarantees, suite guarantees were offered at one time early on, and there were/are several inside & outside guarantees. This is a 6-day Pacific coast cruise that is the second leg of a 21 day San Diego to Vancouver Hawaiian cruise. The 15 day leg and the full cruise did offer specific cabins. That makes sense since HAL would want to encourage the longer bookings.

I noticed that cabins were available in all categories on my last two cruises about a month out from our sailing date.

Then there were none available all of a sudden! :eek:

I think HAL was putting a hold on them while they offered upsells to those already booked.

So...

Does this mean that VT, F, E, and D are all full and they are willing to still sell the guarantees in those categories to fill the ship.

I think you are correct in the way you are thinking with this choice, however, the tough thing is that it doesn't give you any confirmation you will get one of these higher categories from your guarantee (though I personally think there is a good chance of it)...

Sometimes rooms are blocked out if agents have pre booked a chunk of them and might be released later. People in the lower balcony rooms might upgrade, or cancel, so there is always a chance you will get what you paid for...

I don't think HAL holds empty cabins out just so you will book a higher category (your other choice).

Enjoy the suspense and wondering and checking (that comes with booking a guarantee)...;)

:D:D:D

Archived