Costa "Sail & Save" Atlantica/Med

dogbeau

Hi guys

Well - we are about to try out Costa February 27. Despite the mixed reviews, we are going to give it shot. I'm looing forward to the Italian influence on the ship, as both my partner and I have travelled Italy often (and my best friend lives in Roma).

So we signed up for the "Sail & Save" Program. In this scheme, you pick the date of the cruise and the cabin type. Costa picks the ship/itinerary, either Atlantica or Mediterranea - which is either a Eastern or Western Caribe run. Having been to all the posible ports, we were really focused on just a cheap, relaxing 7 days on board we may or may not even get off in port.

Join us is my partner's sister and her husband. But here's the catch: We have no guarantee we will be on the same ship! LOL! We decided to just late fate take us - and if we are together cool - and if not - cool too. We are imagining taking cardboard cutouts of each other, if we are on different ships. That way, we can take pictures like were all together! Imagine the looks on everyone's faces.

So anybody else doing this deal?

Hi guys

Well - we are about to try out Costa February 27. Despite the mixed reviews, we are going to give it shot. I'm looing forward to the Italian influence on the ship, as both my partner and I have travelled Italy often (and my best friend lives in Roma).

So we signed up for the "Sail & Save" Program. In this scheme, you pick the date of the cruise and the cabin type. Costa picks the ship/itinerary, either Atlantica or Mediterranea - which is either a Eastern or Western Caribe run. Having been to all the posible ports, we were really focused on just a cheap, relaxing 7 days on board we may or may not even get off in port.

Join us is my partner's sister and her husband. But here's the catch: We have no guarantee we will be on the same ship! LOL! We decided to just late fate take us - and if we are together cool - and if not - cool too. We are imagining taking cardboard cutouts of each other, if we are on different ships. That way, we can take pictures like were all together! Imagine the looks on everyone's faces.

So anybody else doing this deal?

friends just got a fabulous deal this way.. 459 pp and got balc. cabin.. if you tell them you are traveling with someone in another cabin and book together you should get on the same ship.. double check with your travel agent

friends just got a fabulous deal this way.. 459 pp and got balc. cabin.. if you tell them you are traveling with someone in another cabin and book together you should get on the same ship.. double check with your travel agent

Well unfortunately, tried that. Part of the deal is you cannot book together - period. We begged a lot with Costa directly, and with T/A. Just not how they do it on this special.

Our next hope: when we receive cabin assignments and if we are on 2 different ships, call and do some cajoling.

This is a great deal, probably the best out there right now. You can find it on the Costa Website and I would book directly through Costa and save a booking charge that most T/A tack on. It is featured on the Costa home page. They are offering inside cabins for as low as $449/pp. Check it out!

So we called Costa the other day to see of they - by chance - had our cabin assignments yet. They didn't. In fact, for the cruise departing this Sunday, those people under the Sail&Save program still had not been given cabin assignments. We mentioned that the information said we would know 14 days prior. The agent was nice, but said that the fine print on the deal stated we might not find out until we get to the dock. LOL

I'm all about the adventure and spontaneity -- but waiting until I get to the dock to find out where I am going - that's going to kill me!

What sucks too is no cruise documents - so I won't know the details of the ship, etc. Like how much is the wine package? Oh well - it was cheap!

• 2 weeks later...

Dogbeau,

So if I understand this correctly, we pick the date and cabin type and Costa assigns the ship and itenerary; is that correct? Did you get an upgraded cabin? I have been both Easten and Western but my husband has not....I would like to request Western if possible. I placed a call to Costa today...they are closed I will have to find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the information! Congratulations on your Great Deal!!!

Sincerely,

Crystal

• 2 weeks later...

Daizygirl,

You can only choose the date that you would like to sail and the type of cabin, inside, outside, balcony or suite. You get the great deal and sit back and wait. We found out about three weeks ahead of our cruise that we are on Atlantca western carribbean.

No, you would not get an upgrade really because you only know what type of cabin...you may get really lucky and get a good cabin. Dogbeau & partner ended up with Panarama suite just where they wanted to be. We on the other hand opted for the cheaper outside cabin and have been assigned an outside cabin on deck 2 center of the ship, probably not what I would have chosen if asked but for the price I am thrilled.

Hope it works out for you...such a great deal.

9 days and counting...

Archived