How does Union Plus discount work?

zubee23

When reviewing the Union Plus select sailing list it states different percentages off depending on ship and sailing date. Our sailing date and ship is on that list stating a 10% discount. Our guest fare without discount is $958.00 (2 passengers) with Union Plus discount it's $926.60. That's maybe just over a 3% discount. We are Latitudes members.

Don't get me wrong! We got a great fare. I just would like to know how these things work. If it states 10% off isn't that what it should be?

When reviewing the Union Plus select sailing list it states different percentages off depending on ship and sailing date. Our sailing date and ship is on that list stating a 10% discount. Our guest fare without discount is $958.00 (2 passengers) with Union Plus discount it's $926.60. That's maybe just over a 3% discount. We are Latitudes members.

Don't get me wrong! We got a great fare. I just would like to know how these things work. If it states 10% off isn't that what it should be?

Is this on a cruise in 2011? I called NCL the other day and asked the price on a cruise to Mexico in 2011 it is listed on the list as a 10% discount but when the PCC quoted me the price it was only a 3% discount. When I asked her she said NCL is reducing the Union Discount. The cruise I was looking at was $729.00 per person before taxes and port charges which should have been a discount of $145.80 for the cabin but she told me the Union discount would be $45.80 making it 3% not 10%. I had been wondering if anyone else had been quoted this same lower discount or if she had just made an error. Looks like maybe NCL is lowering their union discounts. They seem to be making cuts all over the place.

Sure glad I used it when it was 20% on our Jewel Repo Cruise. For a while they were offering 33% off the Hawaii Cruises. Oh well, I guess 3% is better then nothing. Not much better than nothing though, its a pretty anemic incentive LOL.

Well at least you got the discount. When I called they said I did not qualify because I had received an upgrade on the room when I booked. They really should should post the restrictions on the site.:confused:

I'd try calling back and asking someone else. We booked during an upgrade promo and got the Union discount.

Wow I hope they don't lower the discount. Ours was 15% on our cruise this past month. We are planning another one for next year but haven't booked it yet

It ranges from 0 to 15%. Not all dates have the discount available...

I am going to get a firm quote from the number listed on the Union Plus website next time before I book with a PCC. I had the same thing happen on our last cruise. They (both Union Plus and NCL PCC) explained the discount was off the non-commissionable fare (which is less), but the numbers still weren't working and matching what the discount list said. It was for a cheap bahamas cruise, so it wasn't worth arguing the $30 (for me), though.

We just got 15% on an AE suite on the Pearl for next January... also got the $300 OBC.. I think it varies depending on how badly they want to book the rooms. Also changes on the same sailing from time to time. I was surprised that it was so high this time. I'll take what I can get! You can type in the code PGUP on the web page and it will give you the price with the discount to check yourself. When I just did it, the amount for a cabin similar to ours was exactly what I paid.

I just booked a 14day on the Sun. I am a latitudes member, Fl resident and union member. When all was said and done I saved $228 extra the union discount. That figured out to .0725% (not 10%) Not sure how they come up with their pricing since she said it was a REALLY GOOD discount for that cruise?? Where did you find a list of discounts for union members? Deb

I just booked a 14day on the Sun. I am a latitudes member, Fl resident and union member. When all was said and done I saved $228 extra the union discount. That figured out to .0725% (not 10%) Not sure how they come up with their pricing since she said it was a REALLY GOOD discount for that cruise?? Where did you find a list of discounts for union members? Deb

On the NCL website's main page on the bottom right hand side it says preferred programs with a list of Lattitudes, Veteran's, Union Plus. Click on Union Plus and it takes you to the Union Plus page. The line that says up to 10% discount on select sailing click on the words select sailings. It loads a pdf page. The links in the above postings will take you directly to the pdf page.

The same thing happened to me. I booked a cruise for 7/24/10 and asked about the union discount. On NCL's website it states 10% for the cruise I am on, but the discount I received was less than 10%.

The person at NCL I booked with told me the discount is only on the first and second person. Does NCL split the 10% discount and take 5% off the first person's rate and another 5% on the second person's rate? I understand that the discount is on the cruise fare and doesn't include the port fees or taxes.

Has anyone actually got the 10% off? Has anyone been successful with the code PGUP, because it's not working when I try it. It says it can't find the code.

I'm sure the union discount only applies to the base fare (i.e., not port charges or other fees). So be careful how you calculate the amount of the discount.

I booked the Boston to Bermuda cruise for August 2010 and was told I was given the 10% discount but it ended up being about 3%. why advertise the discount if they don't honor the discount?

Not every category gets a 10% and the key wording is UP TO: i just looked at the sail dates for April going to Bermuda and some cabin types are only getting a 5% discount. If yours ending up being about 3% off the total fare it was probably the 5% discount. Remember the discount only applies to the cruise portion of your invoice. There are no discounts for NCF's and Government taxes, which depending on the cruise can be has much or higher than the cruise fare!

Archived