It's OK to book these rooms....

lady_cruiser

Inside, Forward Cabin, Category 4H, 185 Square Feet.

This cabin was a nice cabin on the same deck as the pool and the buffet. It is near the elevators. No noise from the elevators. Felt no movement of the ship even on the higher deck. :)

1218765121_CarnivalVictoryDeck10PanoramaDeckCabin1049InsideMidShip.jpg.5a235d13f9d41700d7821e9e6533ab05.jpg

Inside, Forward, Category 4H, 140 to 160 Square Feet???? (I think more like 140.)

This was a handicapped cabin we were given. We did not request this. Very, very small room. It had a very wide cabin entrance door which automatically opened with the insertion of a room key card, and it automatically closed by itself very slowly. I opened the door one time with my room key card and everyone could see my husband laying there in his underwear until the very wide automatic door finally closed by itself. Not too cool! You also had to press a button to open the bathroom door. It was also a very wide door that opened and closed automatically as well. Because of these large doors, there was hardly any room to move around in the cabin. Certainly not enough room for a wheelchair to maneuver around in. We measured only 2 feet between the bed and the bathroom door. Very disappointed that we got stuck with this room. One good thing about this cabin was that we received a brand new mattress one day for our bed when they were updating some of the mattresses in some of the cabins. Another good thing about this cabin is that it was on the Lido Deck and had quick and easy access to the pool and buffet areas and was right next to the elevators. So it was very convenient to get to those areas quickly. No noise from the elevators or pool. No sitting area or chairs or sofas in the cabin. Not enough room for anything. My husband had to stuff his suitcase under the bed, and I had to put mine on the drop-down shower stool in the bathroom and move it every time we went to take a shower. Quiet location.

Edited by CruiseCrazy58
forgot to attach photo

Deluxe Oceanview, Mid Ship Cabin, Category 6M, 220 Square Feet.

This was a much larger cabin than all of the others we've sailed in. Carnival has some new "Family" cabin sizes now which have a lot more space in them. This cabin has a very large picture window, not just portholes. I was able to put my whole suitcase up in the window-seat area and work out of it daily, which gave us even more room in the cabin. This cabin has "2 bathrooms," one with a shower, sink, and toilet, and one with a combination shower/tub and a sink. It has a single convertible sofa which was made up into a bed every night for my mother-in-law and used during the day as a sofa/sitting area. The cabin is on the very bottom of the ship and not too far away from the elevators. The only problem with it being on the very bottom of the ship and somewhat near the aft of the ship is that we always heard engine noise and got a small amount of propeller vibration when in the cabin. Not enough to make anyone sick, though. Get a cabin higher up on the ship and you probably won't have that problem. On a good note, though, we were so close to the gangway when getting on and off the ship, that when the elevators were slam packed we just went up one flight of stairs to get back to our cabin. This cabin was very convenient for that! :)

1780115067_CarnivalDreamDeck1RivieraDeckCabin1362DeluxeOceanviewMidShip.jpg.ec7db81afe388a52a908db7b70c27307.jpg

Inside, Aft, Category JJ, 156 Square Feet.

The best part about this cabin was that it was in the very back of the ship where there is a door right next to it that goes to the outside where there is a full-length open deck across the entire back of the ship. I felt like it was my private balcony because no one was hardly ever out there. The cabin has a very large closet area but very little space in the bathroom or shower. I am not a large person, yet I would always bang my elbows on the walls of the shower because it was so small compared to others I had been in on other ships. There is no sofa in the room because there is no room for one. The cabin is not close to the elevators, but is is close to the passenger laundry room which is convenient for washing, drying, and ironing your own clothes. The bad part about this cabin is that directly above it is the Kids and Teens area, which was very noisy at night, and that kept us awake most nights because of it. :confused:

1003133233_CoralPrincessDeck8BahaDeckCabinB724InsideAft.jpg.a79ecb3184baa283f8167b0853003dbb.jpg

Oceanview w/2 Portholes, Aft Cabin, Category E, 168 Square Feet.

This cabin was right next to the 3rd set of elevators in the rear of the ship, so it was very convenient to get to where we had to go very quickly. We heard no noise from the elevators. The cabin had 2 partially obstructed porthole windows, but there was enough area left unobstructed through the window for us to be able to see out somewhat. There was no sofa or comfy chair to sit on because the room was not large enough for them. The bathroom and shower are very small, of course, but the closet area has a lot of room for your belongings and suitcases. Very quiet cabin. ;)

1794260098_GoldenPrincessDeck5EmeraldDeckCabinE711OceanviewAft.jpg.b596cbf6ad8de3af6679dcef665252ec.jpg

Edited by CruiseCrazy58

Oceanview w/Picture Window, Aft Cabin, Category J, 212 Square Feet.

This cabin has a large picture window that is partially obstructed by a big mechanical box just outside the window. We were still able to see through about half of the window, though. This cabin was much larger than any other Oceanview cabin that we have been in. The cabin is configured differently than the other Oceanview obstructed cabin we had on Golden Princess, Cabin E711, because the queen-size bed was set up on the wall instead of in front of the window; therefore, there were 2 desk areas instead of 1 long one which added more space to the cabin. In this cabin you could walk over and stand in front of the window and look out, instead of climbing on the bed to see out the window like in the previous oceanview cabin we had. This cabin is right next to the 3rd set of elevators in the rear of the ship, so it was very convenient to go just 1 deck down to the Promenade Deck. There was also a comfy chair to sit in because of the extra space, but there was no sofa. We encountered no noise from the elevators. Of course the bathroom and shower are very small, but there is plenty of closet space for 2 or 3 suitcases and more. Very quiet cabin. :)

486124180_1CrownPrincessDeck5EmeraldDeckCabinE707OceanviewAft.jpg.8e4cc0badf6f63453e3827f96cc3d9be.jpg

Attached below is a photo of the cabin.

Inside, Forward, Category 4H, 140 to 160 Square Feet???? (I think more like 140.)

This was a handicapped cabin we were given. We did not request this. Very, very small room. It had a very wide cabin entrance door which automatically opened with the insertion of a room key card, and it automatically closed by itself very slowly. I opened the door one time with my room key card and everyone could see my husband laying there in his underwear until the very wide automatic door finally closed by itself. Not too cool! You also had to press a button to open the bathroom door. It was also a very wide door that opened and closed automatically as well. Because of these large doors, there was hardly any room to move around in the cabin. Certainly not enough room for a wheelchair to maneuver around in. We measured only 2 feet between the bed and the bathroom door. Very disappointed that we got stuck with this room. One good thing about this cabin was that we received a brand new mattress one day for our bed when they were updating some of the mattresses in some of the cabins. Another good thing about this cabin is that it was on the Lido Deck and had quick and easy access to the pool and buffet areas and was right next to the elevators. So it was very convenient to get to those areas quickly. No noise from the elevators or pool. No sitting area or chairs or sofas in the cabin. Not enough room for anything. My husband had to stuff his suitcase under the bed, and I had to put mine on the drop-down shower stool in the bathroom and move it every time we went to take a shower. Quiet location.

1894795486_1CarnivalLibertyDeck9LidoDeckCabin9285InsideHandicapCabinForward.jpg.569becd9e0182442f597193eec07648a.jpg

Inside, Forward Cabins, Category N, 160 Square Feet.

These were good cabins and a good deck for looking down onto the Promenade Deck and watching the Parades from beside the elevators. These cabins were not very far from the elevators, so they were very convenient. The cabins were in the middle of the ship height-wise, so we could feel no movement of the ship. Very quiet area for cabins! :)

215298896_1RCCLVoyagerDeck6Cabins6125and6129InsideForward.jpg.fbe374eb16f446ac8e784fc94736e7a8.jpg

Deluxe Oceanview with Balcony, Mid Ship, Category E3, 179 Square Feet with Larger Balcony size of 41 Square Feet.

This cabin was right at the very center of the ship on the edge of the Centrum area where the ship bows out in the middle; therefore, it has a larger room and a larger balcony than most others on the ship. We could look out over our balcony and see the glass elevators going up and down right beside us. This is a great cabin for getting where you want to go very quickly because of the elevatorsbeing basically right outside our cabin in the Centrum area. The cabin has a sofa/sitting area and wall-to-ceiling sliding glass doors out to the balcony. It was very hard to sleep at night because of the noise in the Centrum with the piano player playing until the wee hours. Other than that, this is a super wonderful cabin! :)

1711648124_1RCCLRadianceDeck7Cabin7094DeluxeOceanviewwithBalconyMidShip.jpg.ad5db744c76cc987ddafac1adf76ef9b.jpg

Inside, Forward Cabin, Category K, 165 Square Feet.

Deck 6 on this ship does not go all the way from the front to the back of the ship. It only goes halfway from the front to the middle of the ship, and then Deck 5 continues from there to the back of the ship. A little crazy I think. Anyway, this cabin has 3rd and 4th person pullman-style beds available that we did not use. It also has a sofa/sitting area. This cabin is not too far from the elevators. We encountered no noise in this cabin. A pretty nice cabin for a small ship. ;)

767266471_RCCLMajestyDeck6Cabin6541InsideForward.jpg.c6eaa240b010047dbf1fc4ada8af2bda.jpg

Inside, Forward Cabins, Category M, 152 Square Feet.

These cabins are not too far from the elevators. We encountered no noise from the elevators nor did we experience any ship movement, despite being in the very, very front of the ship and on a relatively high deck. The cabins have a sofa/sitting area. The deck is a good one for looking down onto the Promenade Deck and watching the Parades from the balconies by the elevators. Very nice cabins! :)

282842012_RCCLIndependenceDeck8Cabins8117and8119InsideForward.jpg.72479f4ad1887fba0c8bef60ae57e491.jpg

Inside, Mid Ship Handicapped Cabins, Category L, 256 Square Feet.

What a great surprise we had with these cabins. They were so large that I would say they were the best cabins we've ever had on any of our various 13 cruises we've been on with 4 different cruise lines. My handicapped mother-in-law was with us, so we had to get these cabins so we could take care of her adequately. This was a perfect location on the ship too and no noise or ship movement was encountered even with being on a higher deck, Deck 10, because we were in the very center of the ship. We just climbed 1 flight of stairs up 1 deck and we were in the Windjammer Buffet. Our cabins were immediately below the pool, but we heard no noise or moving of deck chairs at all. There is even a phone on the wall in the bathroom in case of emergencies while in there, and another phone by the beds in the cabin. There was probably 6 or 7 feet from the end of the beds over to the vanity/desk area on the wall on the other side of the room. There was so much room in there that we also had a sofa, a comfy chair, and several small tables in the cabin with still plenty of room to spare. These cabins are right next to the elevators, and the Suite Cabins are mostly all around this room on this deck. I think we had extra special service from the room stewards because they were taking care of the Suite Cabins as well as ours. Wonderful, beautiful cabins! :o

370577048_RCCLNavigatorDeck10Cabins1301and1305InsideHandicappedCabinsMidShip.jpg.fcb7a779118e215f75d61d92233a4f5b.jpg

My first cruise I was assigned this cabin and LOVED it! It is the last cabin forward starboard on Deck 3, but it is close to the forward stairs and elevators. There is NO hallway traffic noise, or even noise from the public restroom nearby. The restroom was actually convenient for us to use; with 3 adults in the cabin, sometimes the cabin bathroom was occupied when you needed it. The cabin itself felt quite roomy and uncrowded once we got unpacked, even for three people. Of course, we weren't in our cabin much other than to sleep and change clothes. You do get more motion being forward, but we all actually loved the motion and the way it rocked us to sleep every night! The window was huge and let in lots of light and being so low on the ship, we loved feeling that close to the water. It was also very convenient to run to the Cafe Promenade every morning for coffee, just up two decks. And for the smokers in the cabin, up just one deck to deck 4 outside for smoking. I also liked being forward because it was just straight up to the gym. I work out almost every day, and took all my showers up there once I discovered the larger showers! It was also very convenient to the entrance to The Vault where we finished up most of our nights! Just a short stumble to the room after those last shots. :p It really couldn't have been more perfect for us, a brother and sister in their late twenties and our aunt who out-partied us every night but one! :D I've since sailed in a similar cabin on Deck 3 Port and Aft on the Mariner. I actually liked the forward location better on Deck 3.

• 2 months later...

Carnival Conquest Balcony room 8272 on the Lido deck was great. There was no one above us.

Was close to the elevator and close to the pool. Loved door at the end of our hallway. Room was very quiet and close to the action.:)

Sun Princess B428 Minisuite

Great room, mid ship, very quiet, no movement and not too far to the stairs & lift. Can't afford to book this room again but it was a top choice for our first cruise.

Karen

All the Radiance class afts on deck 10 - #1100-1102-1104-1604-1602-1600 are all great for the views. Some people hear the chairs scraping a little above in the Windjammer but never bothered us and unless you are at your railing no one can see from above. 1100 and 1602 are Junior Suites 1600 is a grand suite and the others are D's. Also aft 8672 is a great room for views. You will hear the "wake" a bit more but you do have rooms above and below.

Lou

Apparently on Carnival cruises the deck to book is 7. This is because most of the suites are on this deck & Carnival put their best stewards here. So even if you only book an inside you will share the same steward who are the creme de la creme.

We had 1060 on our Alaskan cruise last month. #1060 is in the middle of the ship and was near the mid-ship elevators but it was also close to the steps that lead directly to the buffet area so it was great for those late night snacks. The Sky Suite's on this level have large fully covered balconies, there were a table with two chairs and two lounges and there was still plenty of room. The bath was a whirlpool/shower combo, but we don't take baths. I was surprised that there was so much storage in the bathroom between the counter, the shelfs over the counter, the shelf built in the wall behind the toilet, and then there was more storage under the sink itself. There were about 13 hangers in the closet so if you need more bring them there is plenty of closet space. We picked the mid-ship room because I have vertigo was very glad we did as I had no problems. Yes the pool deck is right above us but we didn't hear anything no matter the time of day or night. We would definitely try to get the suite again. Hint for anyone that needs coffee first thing in the morning, order coffee the night before it comes in a carafe.

• 1 year later...

Absolutely loved the "Cove Balcony" and wish every cruise line offered them on their ships. These cabins are on deck 2, about 30' above the water and chiseled into the steel hull of the ship right below the string of lifeboats.

A "Cove Balcony Stateroom" would be my #1 choice.415777_2937007665886_678200558_o.jpg.e5a0386b76b3a53b32cd99f77f2aa55c.jpg

414654_2937045226825_920570715_o.jpg.9b4013cf9f4bfa6dfeb20ecc0a45e9b8.jpg

Edited by ninneman

Royal Caribbean Independence of the seas

6256 oceanview with balcony.One floor above the royal prom near the elevators.

It was quiet hardly saw anyone and handy for Sorrento's when we wanted to take a snack back to our balcony