Kind of a strange question

hmp2z

Hi! My husband and I are first-time cruisers, going on a Western Caribbean Solstice cruise in August. I was wondering whether nudity would be an issue on our cruise. I'm kind of a prude, and wouldn't feel comfortable in a situation where there were lots of topless women sunbathing around us. Just wondering whether this will be an issue or not.

Thank you!

Heather W

Hi! My husband and I are first-time cruisers, going on a Western Caribbean Solstice cruise in August. I was wondering whether nudity would be an issue on our cruise. I'm kind of a prude, and wouldn't feel comfortable in a situation where there were lots of topless women sunbathing around us. Just wondering whether this will be an issue or not.

Thank you!

Heather W

Much to my chagrin, no, there shouldn't be lots of, or any, topless women. :(

On one cruise, I stood next to the pool and suggested all women should go topless for comfort's safe - all the women did....I then asked them to put their tops back on. My wife lead me out of the area and told me I couldn't go there anymore.

Just kidding.

No, topless is not done publically even on any of the Celebrity European based cruises. There may be some ships with a top-optional area but that is usually very seculuded and you have to hunt for it. And or course I never have....at least I haven't found any on any of our recent (last 3 yrs) Celebrity cruises. Don't think they have any now.

Denny

From Celebrity's Guest Conduct Policy: "Topless sunbathing is permitted on selected vessels in designated areas (contact the Guest Relations Desk for details)." So it is permitted on some ships, but it's restricted to the topmost out-of-the-way deck. I'd suggest you ask at Guest Relations, just so you could find out what area to possibly avoid.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were on the old Meridian years ago and there were quite a lot of Europeans on board. They don't see the topless thing as we do and some of them went topless. Our first day around the pool, we observed a young fellow staring unbelievably at a bare chested woman and he nearly fell down the stairs. It was hilarious. As Denny said, it is not usually seen on Celebrity ships these days except maybe in a designated area.

Thank you!

Heather W

I am the same way, I am sitting on the Constellation right now writing this to you. There is a topless deck, but everyone who has been up there including myself (for other views) has yet to see any well you knows. Hope this helps

I am the same way, I am sitting on the Constellation right now writing this to you. There is a topless deck, but everyone who has been up there including myself (for other views) has yet to see any well you knows. Hope this helps

Quit posting and enjoy your cruise!! :D

On a couple of the eastern Caribbean ports you'll find a little topless and possibly some CO beaches. I don't' recall seeing any in the Western Caribbean - except possibly a little topless in Aruba - but not much there.

On the ship there is a top optional deck. On the M-class it was the top deck way forward on the ship. I've never been there so I don't know how much topless there is but we did sail with some friends from Europe who would go there to sunbathe. You're not likely to onto that part of the ship unless you intend to as it is out of the way.

Archived