PIED PIPER, Summit 05/30/10

pennywaltz

Is anyone doing Celebrity's Shore Excursions? I saw a few that might sound fun, the caves or biking.. but debating if it is worth it or is it a rip off? Was thinking of doing that the last day..

I've booked this cruise as a surprise for my partner's birthday. Neither of us have been cruising before. I won't be letting him know about the cruise until we pull into Cape Liberty's parking lot.

Shore excursions I've booked so far:

The Pied Piper taxi excursion on Wednesday morning.

The 4:30 Dolphin experience on June 3rd.

The Catamaran Coral Reef Snorkel on June 4th.

Any experienced cruisers have opinions on beverage cards?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late delay.. i have been um tied up since my last reply.

I haven't decided what to do for the excurisions yet, I think i will do the biking thing.. i know my friends won't be up for it so it's something I might do on my own. For those of you who are biking, are you booking it through Celeb? Shall we try to see if we can organize a Rainbow bike group? haha

I'm not doing the Pied Piper taxi excursion, since I feel it's a waste of time to be trapped in a taxi all day. I think my friends and I will go exploring on our own, and of course people are welcome to come :)

I am definitely doing the PP informal beach day. I just brought a nice new swimsuit from undergear.com that I will be um showing off haha :)

Any experienced cruisers have opinions on beverage cards?

Do you mean the drink packages? It depends how much you drink, i guess... I have never been on a cruise, but I think I am going to do water from the tap and then booze here and there. I'm a two drink max type guy. They actually posted the drink prices: http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=503&pagename=faq_answers

I'm a pretty simple jack and coke guy... so I would say for me it would run $8-10 per drink... thinking I'm drinking maybe 2, 3 max a day... it won't rack up to the alcohol drink package.. i think it was like $200-300 max...and from previous posts on this threat there will be cocktail hour hosted by PP.

I believe we are biking the first day we arrive in Bermuda at 1:00 or 1:30. I'll confirm if you would like to join Tom and I.

We will do everything else on the island independently from the ship. We might beach day with Pied Piper on Wednesday (depending on where it is).

I believe we are biking the first day we arrive in Bermuda at 1:00 or 1:30. I'll confirm if you would like to join Tom and I.

We will do everything else on the island independently from the ship. We might beach day with Pied Piper on Wednesday (depending on where it is).

I saw the two days, I was leaning towards the second day, even though I'm so not a morning person. I am going to call my friend who might be into this tonight and see what he thinks.... BUt you're leaning towards the first day i assume?

Also would it be too late to book it on the ship? I noticed (well my room) is near the shore excursion desk.. I assume for things like biking, it's first come first served right?. I admit I haven't planned much regarding the cruise.. damn college finals :(

I saw the two days, I was leaning towards the second day, even though I'm so not a morning person. I am going to call my friend who might be into this tonight and see what he thinks.... BUt you're leaning towards the first day i assume?

Also would it be too late to book it on the ship? I noticed (well my room) is near the shore excursion desk.. I assume for things like biking, it's first come first served right?. I admit I haven't planned much regarding the cruise.. damn college finals :(

The last time I looked June 1 or June 4 were available. We were looking for a little exercise after the sea day :)

I'm waiting to book anything snorkel related until we are in Bermuda. I would hate to get there an be frozen.

The last time I looked June 1 or June 4 were available. We were looking for a little exercise after the sea day :)

I'm waiting to book anything snorkel related until we are in Bermuda. I would hate to get there an be frozen.

Haha I know the feeling. I can chase you around the ship with a whip if you want *grinz* :)

Yeah I was considering the first day, but the crystal cave excursion with the trip is also on the first day.. it's at 11a and it's 3.5 hrs and the biking starts at 13:30... so timing won't work out... decisions... i am going to see if i can research the crystal caves and see if I can do that independently and how...

Thanks Penny for the info. I'm now wondering about having booked that taxi excursion... But three hours can't be all that bad (I hope).

3 hours isn't that bad I don't think.... The taxi excursion isn't for me. I travel a lot and I try not to look like a tourist.. but I think as an Asian guy in Bermuda I'll be sticking out haha :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't overlook signing-up for the roll call. A large number of our shipmates will be having a get-together upon embarkation. Add your name to the list on the roll call @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994313 (ya copy-n-paste the list -- as of this writing the most up to date is post #747 -- then add your name at the bottom). There are a few other Pied Piper people who've added themselves.

-- Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Don't overlook signing-up for the roll call. A large number of our shipmates will be having a get-together upon embarkation. Add your name to the list on the roll call @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994313 (ya copy-n-paste the list -- as of this writing the most up to date is post #747 -- then add your name at the bottom). There are a few other Pied Piper people who've added themselves.

-- Paul

Hi Paul,

Is a list of events posted anywhere?

Bobby

Hi Paul,

Is a list of events posted anywhere?

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

If you mean Pied Piper events; none that I know of are listed. From reading past posts on other threads about Pied Piper there were many complaints as to them being very hands-off.

When we get on board there is supposed to be information from Pied Piper about events.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds liek you enjoyed teh other peopel onboard....will you be writing a review...it would be interesting to hear your thoughts along with others you sailed with....

hey all, just wanted to send a quick message out saying it was a pleasure meeting everyone!

Jack and I loved meeting everyone. You guys and gals made our virgin cruise a memorable one. Unfortunately for our bank account... we're now hooked!

We look forward to when our schedule permits another toss back of umbrella drinks upon the sea.

If you're curious, a review of our experience has been posted @ http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=68092

Besos,

Paul

Sounds liek you enjoyed teh other peopel onboard....will you be writing a review...it would be interesting to hear your thoughts along with others you sailed with....

There will be a review at some point.. now to play catch up for work...

Hopefully you'l be sailing again & again......

I had to laugh about your partner & the crew's greeting....on a cruise I am not alive until noon...so the staff's perkiness is earth shattering.....but for the most part their service & attitudes are greatly appreciated>.....

Full moon smooth seas to you ....

Jack and I loved meeting everyone. You guys and gals made our virgin cruise a memorable one. Unfortunately for our bank account... we're now hooked!

We look forward to when our schedule permits another toss back of umbrella drinks upon the sea.

If you're curious, a review of our experience has been posted @ http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=68092

Besos,

Paul

• 3 months later...

We're going back on the same cruise in May/June 2011.

This time for my birthday the other half presented me with the gift of sailing on the Summit with the Pied Piper crew.

Hope to see some familiar faces. If you're also sailing, join the Roll Call thread @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1277555

This time for my birthday the other half presented me with the gift of sailing on the Summit with the Pied Piper crew.

Hope to see some familiar faces. If you're also sailing, join the Roll Call thread @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1277555

Hi there! Jon, Franklin, and I are booked on a 10-nighter on Equinox to the Caribbean, also through Pied Piper. We leave Fort Lauderdale on 2/18/11 - just 22 weeks away!

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

You guys (and the lovely piper crowd) were absolutely fantastic company! I'll be watching that May/June 2011 thread.

You guys (and the lovely piper crowd) were absolutely fantastic company! I'll be watching that May/June 2011 thread.

Thanks Nan! we loved meeting you as well.

Our cabin for the next trip was 9090 (I saw in some thread you had this long ago) but I moved it one deck down because of the chatter on CC about deck chair rumblings.

We hope to bump into you again at sea.

• 1 month later...

i know im MANY MANY months behind but i had soooooooooo much fun and met alot of fun people. im glad everyone had fun with my drag side come dinner time. if i could go back in time id do it all over again!!!:)

Archived