Balcony dining

jennybabee

My last princess cruise we tried the ultimate balcony dining which was fabulous! I am trying to find out if Celebrity offers something like that . Hubby and I have a balcony room on our first celebrity cruise in April and we would love to try it if they offer one. The one on princess was $50 and u got 2 waiters that waited on you hand and foot and you also received flowers , appetizers and a photo

I have not heard of this on Celebrity. If you are in a suite, you have a butler who will serve you dinner course-by-course and set the table for you with a tablecloth. If you are not in a suite, so far as I know your only option is just ordering room service - the good news is that it is free, but no waiters serving you. In non-suites the balcony tables are a bit small for a large meal, but are large enough to comfortably enjoy breakfast or a small meal. If you are in Concierge Class or Aqua class you will have an expanded room service menu (the table might be a bit larger too, but not sure). The experience you described sounds nice - perhaps Celebrity will start something similar.

My last princess cruise we tried the ultimate balcony dining which was fabulous! I am trying to find out if Celebrity offers something like that . Hubby and I have a balcony room on our first celebrity cruise in April and we would love to try it if they offer one. The one on princess was $50 and u got 2 waiters that waited on you hand and foot and you also received flowers , appetizers and a photo

Hello JennyBee,

I recently replied to poster Three Rings re Balcony Dinner, we gave this a go on Solstice last summer,

brilliant, highly recommended, ask from Room Service menu for MDR for that evening, make your selection, phone thru, ask for

meal to be staggered,that way everything does not turn up at the same

time. We did not have a butler, they just brought a tray and placed

the meals on balcony table, along with tablecloth ,Cutlery, Glasses,

Bread rolls. We were not in a suite/aqua/cc class for this service.

Happy to help with any other questions re balcony dinner

Mrs Blue Sky:)

Jennybabee, I was wondering the same thing about the breakfast, so I emailed Celebrity and this was the response I got:

We offer the following package through our Gifts By Celebrity Department:

Deluxe Celebration Package

Enhance your celebration with Celebrity's Deluxe Celebration Package. On your special day, start the morning with a mimosa breakfast for two while admiring your lovely seasonal arrangement of flowers in your luxurious Celebrity signature plush bathrobes and slippers. Then conclude your day by toasting your bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne and indulging in your scrumptious cake.

Price: $175.00 USD*

More expensive than the Princess one, but it sounds like they include more. I think this might be some kind of birthday package because it includes cake. Not sure what is offered for the breakfast...

• 6 months later...

No they do not but I wish they would. It was the one thing we really liked the look of when we investigated Princess.

Sue

Archived