2010 Seattle Public Transit Info for Cruisers

I'm planning on taking the Gray Line to downtown Seattle in September. Is this still an option? or don't you recommend it? I think the fare is $22 each and can be bought online before you leave your house. We are staying at the Crowne Point and Gray Line stops there. If you have better advise, I'm listening.

I emailed Seattle Express...Matt...twice before I got a response and he said they do not service the airport, only the downtown. He suggested Shuttle Express. When I used the Shuttle Express site, it kept telling me that our pick up time was not available...with all of the transportation options checked. Guess I will have to pick up that antiquated telephone.

I emailed Seattle Express...Matt...twice before I got a response and he said they do not service the airport, only the downtown. He suggested Shuttle Express. When I used the Shuttle Express site, it kept telling me that our pick up time was not available...with all of the transportation options checked. Guess I will have to pick up that antiquated telephone.

Which airport are you going to? SEA? We went from Pier 66 to SEA using Seattle Express on 6/13.

I misread the e-mail. Matt's exact words were "we do not service the airport, just the airport hotels." So by that does he mean that they do not go downtown?

Our pre and post cruise hotels offered a shuttle to downtown through Seattle Express. It is $12 per person roundtrip and goes back and forth several times per day. I believe that the last shuttle pickup from downtown was 7pm.

Depending on where you're staying I think I'd opt for the Light Rail. Where are you staying pre/post cruise? Seattle Express was great for us and we'd use them again.

We are the Marriott Waterfront...and technically, we are not sailing out of Seattle, rather we are flying from Seattle to Hawaii and cruising there. We have gone from trying to book a straight through flight from MSP to Lihue to flying from our home in WI to MSP to SEA. Spending a couple days in SEA and then fllying to HNL and on to Lihue...where we will spend 4 days pre-cruise before returning to HNL for the NCL cruise. I have not found it easy to find flights DH and I can live with. We are both tall Amazons and long flights are very uncomfortable. I tried to get first class on the straight through flight but it was enormously expensive and my miles did not cut the mustard, so we opted too fly to Seattle and then to HA. We got First class less expensively this way. Well...I do go on and on, don't I? The bottom line is we need transport to the downtown. We would use the Link but do not want to haul suitcases for several blocks uphill both ways. This thread is very helpful to us. Thanks everyone for the information. Julie

Julie, what's probably easiest is to use a shuttle service. We're not allowed to discuss names of companies here but the Port of Seattle website has links to shuttle companies that serve the airport. With two people I think the shuttle service is cheaper than a taxi, which I think is about $30 plus tax/tip to that area these days (although it's been a while since I've taken a taxi to the airport).

I hope you enjoy your stay here before your cruise! Although, I doubt our weather will hold a candle to Hawaii's! :D

• 3 years later...
Bus service to Pier 91 involves a very long walk out of the terminal and up three flights of steps to catch the bus on the Magnolia Bridge.

Just wanted to check if the above is still true?

On the website of King Country Metro Bus, they list a bus stop "Magnolia Bridge & Pier 91", which is served by 3 lines: 19, 24 & 33. On google map, that bus stop doesn't look far from the cruise terminal. Does it still involve a long walk with stairs, without elevators or escalators?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , thanks for the information re the public transit in Seattle, appreciate it. My question is a bit different , our cruise does not begin or end in Seattle , we are on a coastal cruise down to LA from Vancouver so we will have it as a port day . We will be at pier 91 , and I noticed that you said it was a long walk and stairs to the transit stop. Would you have an idea how much it would cost by taxi to get us to either Pioneer Square or Pikes Market area from pier 91, that way we could access the waterfront area as well , right ? We have been to Seattle before some years ago , and at that time there was still the waterfront trolley, but I understand that is not operating any longer. We just wanted to spend some time down there, and not do a ships excursion. Any information is appreciated. Thanks

Cori

Archived