formal night alternative

kaj1436

Ok, so no more formal night, now it is elegant night. Dress for elegant night is slacks/shirt or better, is that correct. Is there a dress code the other nights or are jeans/shorts/tshirts/etc. ok? Thanks.

Yes you are correct.

Dress shorts all the other nights.

Steve

Walmart is the most profitable retailer,so is CCL

Walmart holds the largest market share for its goods/products so does CCL

Walmart is the largest in the world,so is CCL

Walmart offers an affordable product,so does CCL.

Walmart has a great business model,so does CCL

Walmart continues to be profitable every year,so does CCL.

Your right, there is no comparison.:rolleyes:

Steve

Gee. None of this encompasses a passengers experience. If these are the things you are thinking of as you board your ship, you're missing out on the fun. You would also find me screaming and running, if this was your idea of fun conversation on board.

No shopping carts.

No crap cluttering the aisles.

No dressing rooms.

No intrusive signs.

No check out lines

Yeah. Everyone thinks of a crap department store on the lido deck.

Some comparison.

On a Fantasy Class June 2009 Cruise, Casual Elegant still meant more people dressed above slacks/shirt basics. As I stated in earlier post; that type of dress would be fine. Many folks dressed well for photos and all.

I saw dress dockers/ shorts and nice polos etc. for guys and capri's etc. for women as the average on the other nights.

This was a 4 night cruise. Personally, I did not see t-shirts or jeans i.e. printed super casual t-shirts or worn jeans in dining room any night. Folks are just more casual those nights. People looked like they dressed with some care for the dining room. My 2 cents.

consider yourself lucky! Wouldn't surprise me to see a woman in bathsuit & coverup in MDR.

IMO, bermuda length shorts are fine (long as they're worn with the knee highs & loafers;)). I just don't want to spend my dinner seated next to some dude's (or chick's:eek:) hairy legs & flip flops (which invariably get kicked off @ some point) across the aisle when im trying to enjoy what passes for an elegant dinner.

Why not compromise & rope off a special seating area in buffet area & direct those out of 'elegant' dress code complaince there? Whether they are oblivious or just can't/won't make an effort:confused:they could still enjoy their lobster in casual bliss. fyi, NCL does a nice job converting part of their buffet via series of curtain'd dividers/white tablecloths/candles on tables, etc. into Italian place so it is do-able.

Here is the Elegant Night dress code taken from the Carnival Website:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

The website says that the dress code is the same for children.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

nothing cuter than a tot in pair of dress shorts, sailor suit type thing.:)

nothing cuter than a tot in pair of dress shorts, sailor suit type thing.:)

I agree!!! But, I was on a cruise last year and a friend that I met on the cruise took his kids (8 and 10) to "elegant night" in shorts (the kids didn't have any pants) and they were told upon entering the dining room that shorts weren't allowed. After a bit of a scuffle, they were able to go in--but not before the boys were in tears.

I guess it comes down to 2 choices--1. Dress according to the dress code and eat in the MDR. 2. Don't dress according to the dress code and eat on the Lido deck. Personally, as long as a person and their clothes are clean, I don't care what they wear. :D

thank you for posting Carnival's dress code for Elegant Evening... that should answer everyone's questions.. :D

Gee. None of this encompasses a passengers experience. If these are the things you are thinking of as you board your ship, you're missing out on the fun. You would also find me screaming and running, if this was your idea of fun conversation on board.

No shopping carts.

No crap cluttering the aisles.

No dressing rooms.

No intrusive signs.

No check out lines

Yeah. Everyone thinks of a crap department store on the lido deck.

Some comparison.

Passenger experience? What does that have to do with a business comparison? But never the less.

I cannot compare Walmart to CCL as you would like,but CHuck E chesse is more on par.

At dinner the mouse is in a tux

There is screaming and hoopla

There is dancing

There are announcements

Happy birthday is being sung

The food is cafeteria style

Steve

Steve, wasn't referring to RCI and NCL as similar business models, but was referring to them as similar cruise experiences although they cost more. I cruise with Carnival more because it is a better deal for the bucks spent. I do in fact remove the auto tips and tip in person beginning the cruise and also at the end, find it more personal. I am just a tradional guy always wanting my cruise to be like the first one but they just never measure up. I actually liked it when the cruise lines didn't try and nickle and dime you to death. I loved the old ships but I also like a lot of things about the new ones also. Happy crusing.

Passenger experience? What does that have to do with a business comparison? But never the less.

I cannot compare Walmart to CCL as you would like,but CHuck E chesse is more on par.

At dinner the mouse is in a tux

There is screaming and hoopla

There is dancing

There are announcements

Happy birthday is being sung

The food is cafeteria style

Steve

Sounds like all the mass lines I've been on, and some weddings. Never been to a Chuck E Chesse either, but you're saying the experience is the same? So, Carnival = Walmart = CEC = NCL = RCCL = the local wedding factories?

OK. :rolleyes:

In my world, it's different.

consider yourself lucky! Wouldn't surprise me to see a woman in bathsuit & coverup in MDR.

IMO, bermuda length shorts are fine (long as they're worn with the knee highs & loafers;)). I just don't want to spend my dinner seated next to some dude's (or chick's:eek:) hairy legs & flip flops (which invariably get kicked off @ some point) across the aisle when im trying to enjoy what passes for an elegant dinner.

Why not compromise & rope off a special seating area in buffet area & direct those out of 'elegant' dress code complaince there? Whether they are oblivious or just can't/won't make an effort:confused:they could still enjoy their lobster in casual bliss. fyi, NCL does a nice job converting part of their buffet via series of curtain'd dividers/white tablecloths/candles on tables, etc. into Italian place so it is do-able.

Hopefully you are not talking about a man dressing like that.

I have seen that and told my wife that if I ever start to dress like that..

then put a bullet in my head!;)

My husband told me that if he ever goes out with sweats/shorts and a FANNY pack to shoot him - that fanny pack would not make it into the house.

Steve, wasn't referring to RCI and NCL as similar business models, but was referring to them as similar cruise experiences although they cost more. I cruise with Carnival more because it is a better deal for the bucks spent. I do in fact remove the auto tips and tip in person beginning the cruise and also at the end, find it more personal. I am just a tradional guy always wanting my cruise to be like the first one but they just never measure up. I actually liked it when the cruise lines didn't try and nickle and dime you to death. I loved the old ships but I also like a lot of things about the new ones also. Happy crusing.

Such a shame the old way is gone.Its profit center all the way now.I do remember paying much more back then though. I guess we got what we want.Cheaper cruises but we also gave up everything else.

Steve

lol:D my DH is with u on this one

i dunno know though, these dudes look like a fun bunch to hang with on a cruise, worrisome to think they may have coordinated their outfits:eek:

38_BermudaShorts_Shaw.jpg

Archived