Torn between RCCL's Freedom and NCL's Epic...

sarahcd

Freedom...FlowRider, H20 zone, rock wall, ice skating, inline skating, better itinerary - and we KNOW what we're getting on RCCL (we've done the Mariner)

Epic...rock wall, rapelling tower, bowling alley, climbing cage, WATER SLIDES - and the UNKNOWN

On Freedom we would do two connecting promenade cabins, Epic would be one balcony quad cabin - comparable in price. We could do a balcony quad on Freedom, but my 10 year old was not comfortable on Mariner's lay-down-sofa-thing when he was 8.

My son will be 11 and my daughter will be eight. Any thoughts anyone?

I'm stunned that you can get two balcony cabins on another line for the price of one on NCL - even on the Epic. Wow.

You missed a couple of things on Epic, also - Nickelodeon, Blue Man Group, and Dueling Pianos are included entertainment, and the specialty restaurants include a variety of Asian fare, a steakhouse/churroscaria, French, Italian, and Cirque Dreams (can't wait for that one!). We've also found that the whole Freestyle concept works well for our family.

If, however, you really can get two cabins for the price of one - and a better itinerary - then I'd definitely go with RCI. :)

I'm stunned that you can get two balcony cabins on another line for the price of one on NCL - even on the Epic. Wow.

You missed a couple of things on Epic, also - Nickelodeon, Blue Man Group, and Dueling Pianos are included entertainment, and the specialty restaurants include a variety of Asian fare, a steakhouse/churroscaria, French, Italian, and Cirque Dreams (can't wait for that one!). We've also found that the whole Freestyle concept works well for our family.

If, however, you really can get two cabins for the price of one - and a better itinerary - then I'd definitely go with RCI. :)

It is two cabins - but they aren't balconies. Freedom has a promenade on Deck 5 - it's like an indoor street with shops, a cafe, a few bars, Ben & Jerry's, etc... So on decks 6, 7 & 8, there are interior rooms that have bowed windows overlooking the "street", like a hotel room.

Archived