Leaving your things in the car at Dunn's?? - Peat/Marva/Mark Morris/Phil Lafayette?

FallingSilver02

Hi all -

I've seen some conflicting information about whether tour guides will allow you to leave your belongings (towels, cameras, etc.) in the car/van at Dunn's River Falls. I would like to bring my digital camera for the 2nd part of the tour, I will be on, but I'm a little wary about using the lockers provided after reading the boards. Just wondering what everyone's experiences have been with regards to the tour guides listed (Peat Taylor/Marva Shaw/Mark Morris/Phil Lafayette).

Thanks very much!! :)

We used Marva 3 weeks ago. She told us to leave our things on her bus instead of using the lockers. Felt totally safe and confortable with her. She even went back to the ship to pick up a few people in our group who did not want to go to the falls and took them to the beach where we went after the falls.

We used Phil Lafayette several years ago and had no qualms/problems leaving things on the van. We felt very well taken care of on the tour.

The guides depend on tourists for their living and definitely don't want bad experiences for their clients.

Two years ago we were on a tour with Mark Morris. We were the only 4 on his bus. He said leave everything we didnt want to lose or get wet on the bus. We did, mostly, I was concerned about leaving the cash we were using to pay for the tour and our drivers lic. there, so I had my husband put them in (I thought the velcro pocket) of his swim trunks.......WELL...he put them in a lose pocket, half way up the falls he discovered it had fallen out, all our tour money and spending money and drivers lic. (Approx. $150 cash). I was frantic, I went back DOWN the falls, husband and kids finish climb and started searching, I talked to customer service and then went to Mark. He was so concerned.

I have never been treated with so much concern and respect as I was that day by the Jamaican people and Mark! By the time we got out of the park, every worker there had heard thru the grapevine what had happened, they were all looking for it. As we were leaving the park, one of the ladies wanted me to buy the souvenior video, I told her what happened, she said "OH, that was you." She said she was very sorry to hear what happened, gave me a cert. for the video for free she said as her treat, I went to that booth and they gave me the video with their concolences about what had happened.

Unfortunately we did not find the money, BUT, the experience was so comforting. Mark said "No problem" He took us back to the ship to "re-stock", then on with our tour. Several times he would console me/us and say, "Now don't let this ruin your vacation"

He was absolutely wonderful and we have remained email friends still.

His father is also a very nice man and has a pottery shop in his house. He makes beautiful pottery and we bought several pieces from him when Mark took us to his house.

I would LOVE to go back there!

SO.....leave your stuff on the bus.

:D

Hi all -

I've seen some conflicting information about whether tour guides will allow you to leave your belongings (towels, cameras, etc.) in the car/van at Dunn's River Falls. I would like to bring my digital camera for the 2nd part of the tour, I will be on, but I'm a little wary about using the lockers provided after reading the boards. Just wondering what everyone's experiences have been with regards to the tour guides listed (Peat Taylor/Marva Shaw/Mark Morris/Phil Lafayette).

Thanks very much!! :)

I used Peat and Clifton and they were very trust worthy. They only went to were we wanted to go and stopped when we wanted. We didn't leave our stuff on the bus at dunn's river but used the lockers and it was safe.

We stuff about six peoples worth of stuff into that locker for 5 bucks rent.

I could of left stuff on the bus also but needed some of it. I will say tht going thru the craft market was scary , but Peat told us the ropes and we made it thru ok. Not sure I would want to go thru that again. Especially in the beguinning of the market, they are very pushy. towards the end they were more docile and not as pushy which actually I appreciated because I didn't feel overwhelmed.

Archived