HO ! HO! HO! Merry "Cruisemas"

We're doing the 7 night holiday cruise on the Enchantment in December of 2004. Does anyone have a Christmas at sea experience to share?

Until we "get out there" Empress of the Seas June 26, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;6;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch of the Seas 1997

Nordic Empress 1999

Enchantment of the Seas 2000

Voyager of the Seas 2001

Nordic Empress 2002

Nordic Empress 2003

NCL Dawn 2003

Lenny -- You couldn't wait just a bit longer, could you. I'm on the Nordic again for the January 3rd sailing. Guess you guys just don't want to be on the same ship as me again, huh?

Joan

A Bad Day at Sea is SO MUCH BETTER Than a Good Day at Work!!

Nordic Empress:

8/98 - 5/99 - 6/99 - 9/99 - 10/99 - 11/99 (2 times)- 4/00 - 6/00 - 8/00 - 10/00 (2 times) - 4/01 - 8/01 (2 times)- 10/01 (2 times)- 11/01 (2 times), 1/02, 4/02, 5/02, 10/02 (2 times), 4/03, 10/03 (2 times), 1/04, 5/04 (2 times), 10/04

Enchantment - 7/03

We were on the Sovereign this past Christmas. We had a wonderful time. The ship was beautifully decorated with trees everywhere and the biggest gingerbread house I've ever seen. I brought Christmas cards and goodies from home to give to the different staff (eg., candy for the AO staff and extra $$ for our steward). We decorated our cabin door. On Christmas Day which was our day at sea, Santa visited the ship, hung out in the Centrum, and handed out presents to all of the children on board. Adventure Ocean had a cookie decorating party for everyone, not just families. RCI gave each cabin a rolling duffel with matching family ditty bag. Eggnog was everywhere. Christmas Dinner had a special keepsake menu and the food was wonderful. We had our 7 yo ds with us and Santa was even able to come to our cabin while we slept. (I really had to think that one out. He got "small" stuff - legos, Gameboy games. I even brought his stocking. It all fit into a zippered canvas bag and he didn't have a clue.) Several moms shot me dirty looks because Santa had apparently decided not to visit some cabins, leaving notes that the loot was waiting at home.

We really wanted to do a Christmas cruise this year but the prices scared us off. We got lucky this past Christmas. Instead, we are going on the 12/18 Navigator and returning to port Christmas Eve. It was much cheaper.

Barbara

Monarch 6/02, 4/03

Enchantment 7/03

Sovereign 12/03, 4/04

Voyager to Canada 7/04

Navigator 12/04

Our extended family is on the 8-day Jewel Xmas cruise. We are flying down to Ft. Lauderdale from Canada. I was prepared to bring a few stocking stuffer gifts for Xmas onboard and then let the kids know that the bigger gifts(besides the cruise) are waiting at home under the tree. (I'm glad to hear that Santa comes onboard for a visit.....sounds like a festive time !)

We've done several Christmas's aboard RCI.Last year we did the Radiance and loved it! The ships are decorated beautifully! We caroled, had eggnog, Santa came, crew sang, etc. All the kids got gifts, teens too. We had a wonderful time.

We have a small tree complete with lights, stockings come too. We even decorated the balcony! Love cruising the holiday so I can spread some good cheer through the crew. They work hard all year and they're away from home. Always a special trip.

I have some picture on cruise-addicts under Sailingrose's Radiance1. You'll find a few pics of our cabin there and the gingerbread houses in the Schooner Bar.

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Barva, I did the same thing for my two sons (ages 9 and 4) -- brought their stockings, and Santa visited our cabin with legos, tiny stuffed animals, books, and gameboy games. He also left a note that he had left the big stuff at home.

We LOVED our Christmas cruise (Hawaii on Legend of the Seas)!!! As others have said, the ship was decorated beautifully, RCCL gave all couples a luggage gift, and Santa visited the kids and gave them backpacks.

One of the best vacations we've ever taken!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

until Radiance of the Seas Alaskan Cruise -- 7/10/04

Premiere Cruise Line's Big Red Boat -- 9/91

RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas -- 4/03

RCCL's Monarch of the Seas -- 7/03

RCCL's Legend of the Seas -- 12/03

Archived