Il Lugano Hotel or Pier 66

aqualojoy

Family of 4 arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on Friday afternoon for cruise departing Sunday, March 28. Right now we have reservations at Il Lugano Hotel and Pier 66. We are looking for someplace comfortable and relaxing. Room rates are close with Pier 66 a bit higher. Older son is flying in from San Diego to join us. We are coming from Maryland. Any idea what the cab far might be from the airport to hotel. Also cab fare from hotel to port.

is the water taxi near by?

On Saturday we would like to pick up some mixers for the trip. Other than that we don't really need any shopping.

Which would be better?

We are also planning to stay the night we return from the cruise.

While Il Lugano is new, it is not a very big property, so I would rather stay at Pier 66, which is a very nice property with a resort pool and marina. You can see the port from some rooms. Pier 66 is a $15 cab ride from the airport and $10 to the port; Il Lugano is more like $30. Both have water taxi stops. Both are walking distance to Walgreens for mixers. Both have restaurants on the premises and withing reasonable walking distance.

Aqualojoy - We're on the same cruise with you and also staying the same nights. I think I have changed my mind regarding hotels several times simply because I haven't found a hotel that offers everything I'm looking for at a price that I want to pay.

The water taxi is very scenic - make sure you take it whichever hotel you stay at. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Aqualojoy - We're on the same cruise with you and also staying the same nights. I think I have changed my mind regarding hotels several times simply because I haven't found a hotel that offers everything I'm looking for at a price that I want to pay.

The water taxi is very scenic - make sure you take it whichever hotel you stay at. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I keep going back and forth between them. Many years ago I stayed at the pier66 and my memories are good. However, the other place is appealing, too. I am driving myself crazy. Transportation costs would probably make them even. Maybe I will put it up to a family vote.

We stayed at Pier 66 for two nights pre-cruise a year ago. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff is professional and friendly. We stayed for $109/night through a travelzoo.com offer. The Sun Trolley (suntrolley.com) offered convenient transportation to the local Publix. The fare from FLL was $20.

Betsy

The decision has been made. We are staying at the Hyatt Pier 66. This pre-cruise stay will mark the first time my husband and I have seen our Marine cobra pilot son since he has returned from being deployed last year. My 15 year old son is really looking forward to seeing him as well and starting out our vacation at the Pier 66.

I look forward to our 2 day pre-cruise stay and 1 day post-cruise stay at this exceptional resort.

Ben,

Thank you for taking the time respond to my thread and for your offer. I was already leaning toward the Pier 66, but your follow up sealed the deal. We look forward to meeting you and know our stay will be wonderful.

Joyce

Hyatt,

I love going on these boards, get to help out people coming to our town, and every now and then learn something new myself... I used to go for dinner at the top of the hotel, is that called the pier top? If so, how can I make reservations for a sunday brunch, email or phone number?

Donnie

Ben - Thank you for posting about your buffet and brunch. That is something I will keep in mind - we do hope to stay at the Hyatt some time in the future (high season rates are a bit out of our budget) and your helpfulness is really appreciated.

Archived