Fort Lauderdale/Miami

JPVENDING

We are going to go on the EOS in July but we will be flying into Ft Laud...The ship doesn't leave out of Miami untill the following day. Does anyone know any good hotels between Ft Lauderdale Airport and Miami Pier? Somewhere decent since this is our honey:) moon! Thanks in advance

Jason

EOS 7.10.05

Jason, your question is difficult because we have different measures of nice. I have booked my group into the 17th St Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale because there is a free airport shuttle and continental breakfast. I have stayed in the Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale beach which is kind of isolated from the rest of FLL but has a nice beachfront. Fort Lauderdale is a 40 minute drive to the pier and the taxi fare is pretty reasonable.

Some on the boards like the Miami hotels. My theory is to stay where you fly because it breaks the trip up a bit and I like the beach in FLL.

Now the best info on booking hotels in either city is at biddingfun.com where you will also learn how to get the good hotels using Priceline.

We bid of Priceline 50 dollars and go the Hyatt Regency Miami, close to the pier and with service to the Dolphin Mall (last minute forgots) and also Bayside. Hotel lists for 220 for the day we needed it(that is wth discounts, etc)

jason, we were recently in ft. lauderdale pre-cruise and stayed at the marriott harbor beach resort. all i can say is...being on the beach was like being on ANY beach in the carribean. the hotel is magnificent, the pool area is amazing, we ate in both restaurants (very good). it is truly a resort and we'd go back again in a second. good luck

We bid of Priceline 50 dollars and go the Hyatt Regency Miami, close to the pier and with service to the Dolphin Mall (last minute forgots) and also Bayside. Hotel lists for 220 for the day we needed it(that is wth discounts, etc)

Jason, your question is difficult because we have different measures of nice. I have booked my group into the 17th St Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale because there is a free airport shuttle and continental breakfast. I have stayed in the Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale beach which is kind of isolated from the rest of FLL but has a nice beachfront. Fort Lauderdale is a 40 minute drive to the pier and the taxi fare is pretty reasonable.

Approximately what was the taxi fee from Ft Lauderdale to the pier?

The Hyatt regency Miami is a four star hotel, on Priceline and also in tour guides.....they are connected to the convention center.....large hotel with over 612 rooms, lower floors are smoke free, upper floors are not, but you can see the cruiseships and if you get up early enough watch them dock

The Hyatt regency Miami is a four star hotel, on Priceline and also in tour guides.....they are connected to the convention center.....large hotel with over 612 rooms, lower floors are smoke free, upper floors are not, but you can see the cruiseships and if you get up early enough watch them dock

I don't recall Priceline allowing you to choose your hotel (only the class) is that right? Have most people using Priceline found they got the Hyatt Regency?

On Priceline, the Hyatt downtown Miami is a 3*. We booked it for $37 last Sept and were very happy with it. Definately not a beach area, though. If you are getting in earlier in the day, I'd suggest a FLL beachfront resort. It's your honeymoon, after all!

Check out the Westin Diplomat in Hallandale Beach. Absolutely beautiful. This is between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Pier 66 in Ft. Lauderdale is quite nice also. They have revolving lounge high above that gives you the best view of Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

Archived