Is early booking price the best pricing?

kas37

Looking at a Glory cruise in Feb 2011, its been many many years since weve sailed on Carnival and looks like many changes. I see they have a early booking, non refundable deposit pricing...in your past expirence is that the best? It also looks like its best to book direct with Carnival as all the online travel web sites charge the exace same, is that your opinion as well?

thanks!

Please make sure to read the details of ES (Early Saver) it is a non refundable deposit, no name changes, and $50 fee to change your cruise date if you need too. There is more to it, that either your travel agent or PVP can help you understand.

For the most part, if you are 100% sure you are going on the dates picked and with the party members booked then I find ES to be the best price this far out. Not to mention if the price ever goes lower, up to 2 days before you sail then you get a price adjustment.

I have booked my past 4 cruises as ES, and not had any issues. As to your question regarding travel agents vs PVP (Carnival direct) I prefer PVP, because it puts me in charge of my booking. I have heard/read horror stories from people on these boards where their TA just goes missing in action when they need help.

Hope that helps.

Early Saver is generaly the best price at the time that it is available. If you can wait to the last minute (a couple of months or less) to book the Pack and Go special can be a very good deal. I book directly thru a Carnival PVP and have been very happy with the prices and service that I have received.

Looking at a Glory cruise in Feb 2011, its been many many years since weve sailed on Carnival and looks like many changes. I see they have a early booking, non refundable deposit pricing...in your past expirence is that the best? It also looks like its best to book direct with Carnival as all the online travel web sites charge the exace same, is that your opinion as well?

thanks!

The Early Saver price is going to be the best. A lower price may appear, but it would be after the ES period expires.

You can usually find a cheaper price than Carnival's with certain TAs, but we can't mention names on this board (think of TAs competing for your cruise). However, the ES booking has certain nuances that make it easier to handle if booked directly with Carnival. You'll need to determine for yourself if the cheaper price with a TA is worth the potential hassle.

The early saver program can save you a lot of money. I booked my 3/13/2010 cruise as a early saver booking, the cruise plus the taxes and the graditiuties came to about 971.00 dollars and I am going solo, however like the previous post said you have to know your exact date of travel and not change it.

Gary

Ditto to the preceding posts. Be aware that if you do book Early Saver (after reading the Terms & conditions on carnival.com), be aware that with the Early Saver you get your fare adjusted for price drops in ANY of the Promo Fares that you're eligible for (55+ Rate if you're 55+, Past guest Rate if you're a Past guest, your state Resident Rate for your state, and Militsary if you're Military eligible), up to 2 business days before sailing.

YOU pretty much need to check these rates (daily) and submit the Price Adjustment request yourself (if you booked with Carnival) or via TA (if you booked via TA's 0- some TA's don't like to do this chore).

ken

Archived