Odd ES price match question.

deej696

We are booked in an 8A for an upcoming cruise in May on the Destiny. I checked today, and the past guest rate for an 8B is $40 less per person than we paid for the 8A, but there is no 8A price listed. Its shows avail on a full price rate, just not on the past guest. I know the rule is it has to be the same category, but in this case, even a higher category is cheaper than my rate. I'm gonna submit a price match form, but curious if this has happened to anyone else, and if Carnival honored it or not...

We are booked in an 8A for an upcoming cruise in May on the Destiny. I checked today, and the past guest rate for an 8B is $40 less per person than we paid for the 8A, but there is no 8A price listed. Its shows avail on a full price rate, just not on the past guest. I know the rule is it has to be the same category, but in this case, even a higher category is cheaper than my rate. I'm gonna submit a price match form, but curious if this has happened to anyone else, and if Carnival honored it or not...

You can call and get upgraded. No problem. Then I think you can get OBC on it. Not sure on the OBC part, but you can upgrade!

Problem is I actually wanna keep the 8A because we are in one of the L-shaped extended balcony rooms, plus our friends are in the room next door... I'm hoping Carnival will see the logic that if an 8B is cheaper than an 8A then it too should qualify for the OBC...

Well, Carnival did the math with no problem, and as it turns out the credit was even bigger than I thought!:D

It could be your category came back, even if it was only one cabin, and that was enough to give you the lower match... Iv seen cabins wink in and out when there is only one left, shows as sold out then one cabin shows up and winks back out.

congrats.

Archived