Nieuw Amsterdam Jan 9, 2011

RMS Olympic

I have booked the eastern Caribbean sailing Jan 9th...pricing on the HAL web site I thought was very reasonable. Right after the New Year celebration, thought it would be a nice get away. It is also early enough to not conflict with either RSVP or Atlantis offerings later on in the year.

Got the same cabin I took on Eurodam up on deck 10....for $1,250 as a single, cant beat it.

Hope there will be some other family on board to have great dinner companions (open seating chosen) to allow unrushed cocktail hour.

This cruise will provide a break from gay charters at half the price.

Haven't been to St Thomas since the RSVP Caribbean Princess cruise......it will be nice to get back there.

It would be nice to have a group on board for socializing.

Yes is the only response possible.

I think dinner at Pinnacle for your b-day is appropriate.

By the way....pricing is good. I got my fav cabin 10044 for $1250 as a single. Based on double occupancy...your pricing would be very reasonable.

Eastern Caribbean will be a nice cruise.......and it will be warm!!!!!

So, I think you should prcatice the following phrase....

"IF....you really loved me......"

You would be surprised at how guilt works wonders.:rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

As a fellow Floridian, I tentatively booked it on January 2 out of FLL. Ports seems to be dull, but I am looking forward to see the new ship and meet fellow family members. My other alternative is the Ryndam out of Tampa. Cheers...Happy Birthday...

Hi Tom,

Haven't "posted" you in a long time, but do occasionally enjoy your comments! I'm surprised to see such low prices on Caribbean cruises this fall, including the HAL sisterships Euro and Niew Amster dams. I guess there is too much capacity...great for those that can do them. Enjoyed your comments on the Epic and will look for more on the Pride, and ofcourse the NA.

It would be fun to get a Tampa/Fla west coast group together for shoreside meets. Maybe with a short Tampa cruise to bring some of the guys together, too. What are your thoughts? We'd have to narrow it down alot to include you and the others who nearly live aboard...just jealous you know.

Archived