Rental Car Company for day in FLL

clandt

On our return after our crusie our flight doesn't leave until 5:30pm. I am thinking of renting a car for the day (so we have a place for our luggage mainly). Has anyone does this? Which company picks up at the pier and lets you drop off at the airport?

Thanks in advance

Christy

Bumping this because I am curious as well we have one day before the cruise and one day after the cruise and might want to rent a car one of the days to pick up at the pier and drop off at the airport or vise versa.

TIA

What you may not realize is that Port Everglades is next to Fort Lauderdale Airport. Therefore, any car agency that drops off and picks up at the airport usually also drops off and picks up at Port Everglades.

We've used Hertz for similar situations to yours, because they turned out to be the cheapest. Look for discount coupons (AAA or other organization), check the web, AND the 800 numbers, then make your decision.

Have fun! Having a car, even for a few hours, is the way to go.

Joan

If you rent a car from Budget Rental on 17th Street they will pick you up at Port Everglades and you can return the vehicle to the Budget at the airport. I called and got a great rate by being a BJs member (they offered the same rate for Sam's and Costco members).

The 17th Street Budget will pick you up at the pier. You will need to call them about 20 minutes prior to your desired pickup.

I called Budget's 800 number and booked my rental for next week. They were very helpful and knowledgable about their Fort Lauderdale rental agencys. I got a great rate as well! I recived this info from "LifeIsCruising" (Thanks Chris) and it has been very helpful.

Ken

Would anyone mind sharing the rate they got for one day? Just wondering what the average is.

I guess it would be best to book in advance with the car rental company and then call them when we arrive at the pier. For those of you who have done this....has it worked out pretty well? How long did you have to wait?

I have a one-day reservation with Budget. However, because I had to get a big SUV to fit 6 people and luggage, I was not able to get a discount, and any coupons I had (Entertainment, AAA) were good for minimum 3-day rentals and were not acceptable for anything larger than a full-size car or, in one case, a mini-van. In fact, Hertz and Budget were the only ones who had a vehicle the size I needed, and Budget had the better price.

Archived