Rate Increase no ES guarantees????

VeggieCruzer

We are cruising this summer and the price of our cruise has already increased $170pp from my ES rate. With the new increases taking place soon will this mean there's no chance of it falling below my rate for the guarantee refund?

TIA

Not necessarily. Keep checking, especially immediately after final payment. They still need to fill the ship and after the rush to book before 3/22, when the fares are increased, they may not sell rooms very well and have to start dropping fares again.

We are cruising this summer and the price of our cruise has already increased $170pp from my ES rate. With the new increases taking place soon will this mean there's no chance of it falling below my rate for the guarantee refund?

TIA

We can only guess, but IMO Carnival is going to do everything that they can to avoid reducing rates below the initial ES rate. I think that price reductions for booking ES are going to be disappearing.

TIA

Look at it this way. You saved $170 apiece by booking ES then until waiting for now to book.

Typically, your best chance at getting a credit will be in the last week or two before the ship sails if they've got a number of vacant cabins. The cruise line often slashes last minute prices if the cruise isn't sailing well because they make no money off an empty cabin and they can't add it to the next sailing.

We can only guess, but IMO Carnival is going to do everything that they can to avoid reducing rates below the initial ES rate. I think that price reductions for booking ES are going to be disappearing.

Thats been my experience. My cruise they went down on last minute guarantees ... exactly to the same price I paid .. to the penny. Coincidence?? me thinks not.

Archived