Marriott Waterfront in Seattle

nanak915

Can anyone who has stayed at the Marriott Waterfront pre and post cruise give me a review of the hotel? We are planning on staying there pre and post cruise. What is the best way to get to and from the airport from there? Any tips would be appreciated.

I stayed at the Marriott Waterfront last June. The location is great. It is located across the street from Pier 66 if you're sailing on NCL or Celebrity. Anthony's restaurant is also across the street. The cab ride to Pier 91 (Princess, HAL, or RCCL) is about $15. Pike Place Market is right up the hill (you take an elevator) and you would be within walking distance of the aquarium. We enjoyed the hotel very much and would stay there again. To get to the hotel from the airport, we took a shuttle (sorry I don't remember which shuttle service). The rooms are nice. We had a wonderful bay view. Hope you enjoy your stay. Have a great trip.

Anne:)

Sweetcruiser, thank you so much for the great info. What type of food does Anthonys serve. We are also looking forward to the chowder restaurant in Pikes Place market. Did you try that? We will be staying one night precruise and three nights post cruise.

How easy was it to get your luggage across the street to Pier 66? We wanted to stay at the Marriott because of it's location so close to the pier. Did you see the ships when they came into port? I am so excited. I can't wait until August for our cruise.

Anthony's has seafood, steaks, etc. My husband and I enjoyed it very much. I got probably something with crab. My husband got salmon. We didn't get to the chowder restaurant. I'll add that to my list for next time. We also ate at Elliott's and loved it. I'm not sure if we liked Elliott's or Anthony's better. We sailed RCCL out of Pier 91, so I really can't answer the luggage question except to say the street is rather busy. The concierge should be able to help you with your luggage. He helped us with reservations at Anthony's and the shuttle to Pier 91. I didn't see the ship dock. Our room had a bay view, but the hotel is U-shaped, so we couldn't see the pier from our room. The Celebrity Infiniti was docked when we stepped outside the hotel. Overall, I would say that the hotel is in a great location with a really fantastic staff. We would definitely stay there again. Hope this helps.

Anne:)

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone who has stayed at the Marriott Waterfront pre and post cruise give me a review of the hotel? We are planning on staying there pre and post cruise. What is the best way to get to and from the airport from there? Any tips would be appreciated.

My DH and I have stayed at this location a couple of times. The hotel is lovely, clean and comfortable. Try to get a room with a balcony, only enough room to stand there, but awesome to stand out there in a hotel robe (just ask for them) with your coffee in the morning.Also, room service breakfast is outstanding, very much worth every penny (I suggest the french toast - served with fresh berries and creme fresh, was amazing). To get there, you can take the Super Shuttle, but we chose Execucar. Our charge was $45 for a private town car, vs $32 for the shuttle. Anthony's is across the street, has great food and service. Also enjoyed Crab Pot for a totally relaxed dinner, and the Space Needle was perfect for our anniversary dinner.

Have a great time!

From the Marriott, you might want to try Pallisade for dinner. Look them up online or ask the concierge. It's about a 10 mintue drive around the bay - call and they will send a complimentary town car to pick you up from any downtown hotel. It's right on the water, with views of the bay and city and serves spectacular seafood. Definitely my favorite seafood spot in Seattle (we've lived here for 30 years).

We will be staying at the Marriott also. We will be arriving on the 28th, and taking the Pearl to Alaska..maybe we'll be seeing you there!

We are checking in on the 275h and sailing on the Star on the 28th so we will not be there when you arrive. We are also staying there 3 days post cruise. We had another hotel booked but decided to change to the Marriott because of the location. I'm so glad we did.

From the Marriott, you might want to try Pallisade for dinner. Look them up online or ask the concierge. It's about a 10 mintue drive around the bay - call and they will send a complimentary town car to pick you up from any downtown hotel. It's right on the water, with views of the bay and city and serves spectacular seafood. Definitely my favorite seafood spot in Seattle (we've lived here for 30 years).

Are you thinking of Saltys instead? Palisade is up on the bluff overlooking Pier 91 where the ships dock. Saltys has more of a view than Palisades and they send a car as well.

Are you thinking of Saltys instead? Palisade is up on the bluff overlooking Pier 91 where the ships dock. Saltys has more of a view than Palisades and they send a car as well.

Nope - Palisade is part of the Elliot Bay Marina (pleasure craft only) right on the water, just past the last commercial pier (can never remember the numbers. It is located below Magnolia Bluff right on the water.

I love Salty's, as well, been there many times. Hosted a company dinner there once. Great food, a little less expensive. I think they have the better view of the city - looking directly across the bay at Seattle.

I like Palisade for a "nicer" overall setting, a little higher on the "fine" dining scale. Building architecture is nicer, with stream running through it, and a variety of lines and angles. It's where widely known Chef John Howie became famous, before opening his own line of restaurants in Seattle.

My opinion only - I like Salty's for a weekend date with my wife or with my grown kids. I like Palisade for special occasions.

You won't go wrong with either - boh are exemplary of great Seaatle seafood.

Archived